Main Content Start
Financial Aid Refunds
In accordance with NWACC's refund policy in the course catalog, a student who officially withdraws from NWACC may be eligible for a refund.
NWACC follows the guidelines of the federal refund policy for a student who has received federal financial aid funds (other than federal work-study) and who has withdrawn on or after the first day of class. A portion of the student's award may need to be refunded to the Title IV programs and/or the student may need to repay a portion of the award funds received. Refund and repayment amounts must be distributed according to a specific order of priority mandated in the law and regulations.
The repayment to the various programs will be in the following priority:
- Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loan
- Subsidized Federal Stafford Loan
- Federal Pell Grants
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (SEOG)
- Other Title IV programs, institutional funds and outside agency funds.
- The student, if any portion of the refund remains after repayment of the above funds.
Copies of the refund calculation are available upon request to Enrollment Services. For other information about the college and its policies, refer to the course catalog and the student handbook.