Main Content Start
Quick Facts About NWACC
NorthWest Arkansas Community College (NWACC) is well known for programs within health professions, business, culinary, science, and the arts. Our graduates typically perform well above the national average on licensing and certification exams.
NWACC reflects the national trends in establishing and enhancing programs that prepare students for entering the workplace. In addition to new construction technology and food study programs, we've enhanced our apprenticeship opportunities for students pursuing occupations such as electricians, plumbers, and HVAC technicians.
Whether you choose to begin your college experience here, or are ready to aquire new skills for a career change, NWACC's affordable, quality education can turn your dreams into a reality.
27 associate degree programs
51 certificate programs
15 of non credit certificate programs
Average age: 24.8
Median age: 21
Other races: 13%
- The 2018 graduates from the paramedic, nursing, certified nursing assistant, and physical therapist assistant programs achieved a 100 percent passage rate on testing exams to achieve certification or licensure in their respective disciplines.
- NWACC served more than 15,000 students in the last academic year, which included college credit and workforce development classes, community education, adult education, as well as secondary students through the Regional Technology Center.
- NWACC's apprenticeship programs and the construction technology program reflect the college’s commitment to meet the needs of the construction industry in the growing region.
- The college offers certified retail analyst program and continuing education to meet the needs of the retailer and supplier community, such as Walmart Stores Inc.
NWACC recently graduated its first group of students who had attended all of their studies in the new culinary center — Brightwater: A Center for the Study of Food.
- The community college's nursing program was ranked the highest among two-year institutions granting an associate degree by the website www.registerednursing.org
- NWACC is nationally recognized as the only two-year community college in Arkansas offering outstanding service to military veterans and was ranked as a Military Friendly School in 2015 and 2016.