Main Content Start
Certification in radiologic imaging sciences at NWACC places you on a pathway to enter the Bachelor of Science program at the University of Arkansas for Medical Science (UAMS).
- Apply now to NWACC.
- Meet with an academic advisor to be placed on the pre-radiologic degree plan
- Take NWACC courses required to earn a Certificate of Proficiency in Pre-Radiologic Imaging Sciences.
- Apply for early acceptance at UAMS
- Take NWACC courses required to earn a Technical Certificate in Pre-Radiologic Imaging Services
- After earning a technical certificate in radiologic imaging sciences at NWACC, you can then transfer credits to pursue a bachelor's degree at UAMS.
- All UAMS application materials must be received by March 1st of each year to be considered for the bachelor's program. If the deadline falls on
a weekend or holiday, then it will be due the following business day.
- NWACC's radiologic imaging sciences program qualifies for Arkansas and Federal student aid, however, it does not qualify for the Academic Challenge Scholarship (Lottery scholarship) due to the program being a technical certification. Be sure to discuss your individual situation with the Financial Aid Office and apply for financial aid as soon as possible for priority processing.
UAMS Application Period: March 1
All application materials must be received by March 1st of each year to be considered for acceptance into the UAMS bachelor's program.