Main Content Start
Radiologic Imaging Sciences
Through our Radiologic Imaging Sciences studies, students can complete their pre-requisite work at NWACC and then make early application to the Radiologic Sciences Division at UAMS.
What is Radiologic Imaging Sciences?
Radiologic Technologists (RT's) are imaging health care professionals. RT's perform imaging examinations on patients using modalities such as X-ray, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and Computed Technology (CT). Specialized areas of radiologic imaging include, but are not limited to mammography, fluoroscopy, and interventional cardiology.
Skills and Ability Requirements
Those who have successfully completed the program and have gained employment as Dental Assistants, possess the following qualities:
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Able to work with others as a team
- Detail oriented
- Good oral and written skills
- Able to sit and stand for extended periods of time
Below is an approximate list of costs associated with the Dental Assistant Program (this is in addition to tuition and fees):
- Scrubs: $50 to $75 per set. One set needed for Fall and another set for Spring.
- Travel costs to and from the Fayetteville location.
- Background check
- Drug test