Main Content Start
Honors Admission Requirements
Read further to learn what's required to join Honors and how to remain in the program.
- Must be enrolled in an honors class, AND
- Have a 3.5 GPA (if no NWACC GPA yet, student must have a minimum score of 25 ACT, or its placement test score equivalent).
- You must complete 12 credit hours of honors classes. However, students are encouraged to take a minimum of one honors course per semester to stay on track.
Conditional Eligibility Requirements:
- Demonstration of special abilities or completion of significant projects
- Completion of a minimum of two honors courses at NWACC with a grade of an “A”
In order to remain in the honors program and continue with receiving benefits, you must do the following:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative of a 3.5 GPA in all coursework at NWACC.
- Earn A's or B's in all honors courses.
- Take an honors course each semester (unless you have spoken with the director about an alternative plan).
Complete the Honors Program application. Applications for admission to the program are accepted throughout the Fall and Spring semesters.