Main Content Start
EMPACTS stands for Educationally Managed Projects Advancing Curriculum, Technology
and Service and is a college curricular adaptation of a successful K-12 pedagogical
model called the EAST Initiative.
About the EMPACTS Learning Model
The EMPACTS learning model at NWACC transforms learners into innovative, productive
leaders, who make meaningful contributions to the community, while deepening their
learning of course content. EMPACTS teachers partner with students and the community as they implement service
learning projects with a curricular focus.
What You Can Gain in EMPACTS
- Enhanced learning of the curriculum
- Increased self-esteem and motivation
- Awareness of your role in serving the community
- Opportunities for scholarships
- Personal and professional skills that increase your potential to be successful in the workplace
- Preparation for a four-year college
- Contact the EAST/EMPACTS Facilitator and Associate Professor of Science and Mathematics
Dianne Phillips at email@example.com or 479-619-4159.