Main Content Start
Current International Students
need blurb and new stuff here
During your first semester at NWACC, you will have a hold post to your account after the first month called “IR” which references the International Review is due. This hold will block your enrollment for the future semesters until you complete it. The requirement takes about 30-45 minutes and you may complete it on Canvas by clicking the below link.
Once you click the link it will require you to sign into Canvas before adding the course to your library. In short, this International Review will recap many of the important aspects you learned about in Orientation like your immigration requirements, support services on-campus, degree plans, etc…. There will be a quiz after each section and you must average an 80% or better to pass. You may have multiple attempts on the quiz. These quiz grades will not be reflected on your college GPA. Once you complete, please email InternationalPrograms@nwacc.edu so we may verify and remove your IR hold.
Reduced Course Load Application
- Unfamiliarity with American teaching methods
- Difficulty with the English language
- Improper course placement
- Medical or illness condition
- Concurrent enrollment at another SEVP approved Institution
- Degree completion/graduation
Once all admission items listed above are received and validated, we will award an acceptance letter and transfer form.
Take the NWACC acceptance letter and transfer form to a current primary designated school official or a designated school official to your former U.S. institution (commonly known as your international student advisor).
- They will not transfer your SEVIS record to NWACC unless you submit this.
- NWACC SEVIS Code: NOL214F10971000
Once the former U.S. Institution transfers your records to NWACC, we can award you a “Transfer Pending” I-20.
In order to receive your I-20 and acceptance letter, you must provide one of the three options:
- Complete an international mail request with UEMS - UEMS Instructions
- Pick them up in person
- Request mail inside the United States (Provide U.S. address)
If you need to travel by airplane to our college, you may book your flight via NWACC's StudentUniverse Travel Service.
- Please use your new nwacc.edu email address to sign up and receive student discounts.
- If it requests verification of student status then upload your acceptance letter and I-20 form or Visa.
- StudentUniverse Instructions
*You are NOT required to use this travel service.*
NWACC and the United States government expects all F-1 and J-1 international students
to enroll in a total of 12 credits per semester. Of those 12 credits, nine must be
live on-campus coursework.
You must complete your courses even if you are not doing well in a course. To protect your immigration status, we recommend that you enroll in 15 credits each semester so you have the flexibility to drop a course if necessary.
The United States government allows us to award an I-20 or DS-2019 for the duration of study that is expected for an associate degree. You will have an average of two years to obtain a college degree at NWACC. If needed, we can grant an extension prior to the end of your ‘duration of status’.