Main Content Start
Reduced Course Load
As a current international student, you may be eligible for a reduced academic course load during any semester at NWACC. In order to apply for this, you are required to meet with the international student advisor prior to the close of registration and federal reporting or receive a doctor’s letter from a certified medical doctor or doctor of osteopathy stating that you need to focus on your physical/mental health and need fewer or zero course hours for the term.
Access the reduced course load application.
- Unfamiliarity with American teaching methods
- Difficulty with the English language
- Improper course placement
- Medical or illness condition
- Concurrent enrollment at another SEVP approved institution
- Degree completion/graduation