Travel Authorization as an International Student | NorthWest Arkansas Community College

Main Content Start

Travel Authorization

All F and J Visa holders are required to receive a travel authorization from their international programs advisor prior to any international departure. If you do not receive this on your I-20 or DS-2019 then you will be blocked from re-entry into the United States upon your return. Travel authorizations last for one calendar year once added to an I-20 or DS-2019. 

In order to request a travel authorization, please email and schedule an appointment at least 14 days prior to travel. 

During the appointment, please bring the following:

  • Current I-20
  • Passport
  • Visa

NOTE: Any request less than 14 days from travel may not be fulfilled in adequate time and could cause travel problems. NWACC can mail you a corrected I-20 or DS-2019, however, this will have a financial cost.