Main Content Start
The Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in General Business program is designed to meet the needs of students who wish a broad overview of business and desire not to enroll in a specialized curriculum in business. The program is designed to acquaint students with major subject areas of business, to improve the student's business vocabulary, and to provide students with an understanding of influencing factors in business decision making and activities. In addition, this program may aid a student in recognizing a specific business field to be pursued in future studies. Although many courses will transfer to a four-year institution, some courses do not. A Technical Certificate in General Business is also available.
This degree program is also available 100% online.
- Gain the business skills needed to be successful when opening/operating a small business
- Learn how to identify and analyze innovative business opportunities, assessing the viability of concepts
- Develop and refine your business idea(s) from concept through a complete business plan
- Confidently pitch a new venture concept to potential customers and investors
- Launch a business venture of your own, OR apply concepts gained through the program to foster innovation and growth within an existing company
See your specific degree plan and advisor for class details and sequence. Search Course Listing for class dates and times.
Degree, Transfer Options, & Careers:
Many Business courses at NWACC carry transfer credit to four-year institutions and can fulfill general education requirements.
Those who pursue a degree in Business may find job opportunities in the following occupations:
- Database Administrators
- Financial Analysts
- Human Resource Specialists
- Information Security Analysts
- Market Research Analysts
- Non-Profit Managers
- Loan Officers
- Risk Managers
- Tax Examiners
*Because this degree is designed for transfer, job outcomes are based largely on your choice of business discipline and the institution to which you transfer.