Main Content Start
Business Administration (Sam M. Walton College of Business Transfer)
Complete your Freshman/Sophomore business core with NWACC, while enjoying the benefits of smaller class sizes and lower student/teacher ratios, and then easily transfer to finish your degree at the Walton College.
The U.S. News & World Report "2014 America's Best Colleges" ranked the University
of Arkansas' Walton College among the nation's best public undergraduate business
school, and transfer curriculum makes this acclaimed program more accessible for you.
- Speak intelligently about fundamental business practices.
- Understand how businesses function and operate as an integrated whole.
Provide information to students so that they can make an educated choice about their major area of study.
- Effectively use and apply prevalent business-related technology while interpreting the various benefits, costs, and risks associated with its use.
- Effectively organize and communicate (both written and oral) business information so that it can be understood by individuals with diverse backgrounds, capabilities and interests.
- Make and develop support for business decisions based on a systematic and objective consideration of the problems, issues, and the relative merits of feasible alternatives using appropriate critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
See your specific degree plan and advisor for class details and sequence. Search Course Listing for class dates and times.
Degree, Transfer Option, and Careers:
NWACC offers this Associate of Science degree option for those students wishing to complete the first two years of the baccalaureate program as offered by the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, in Business Administration. Students may being this plan, achieve their A.S. Degree in Business from NWACC and then have a smoother transfer to the University of Arkansas Sam M. Walton College of Business.
Those who pursue a degree in Business Administration may find job opportunities in the following occupation
- Compliance Officers
- Database Administrators
- Financial Analysts
- Global Economists
- Hospitality Managers
- Human Resource Specialists
- Information Security Analysts
- Market Research Analysts
- Loan Officers
- Risk Managers
- Tax Examiners
*Because this degree is designed for transfer, job outcomes are based largely on your choice of business discipline at the Walton College. Find more information on outcomes from the Walton College career center.