Main Content Start
Use NWACC's testing center to take placement tests, online exams and make-up exams, the Biological Concepts Exam, HAPS and the Computer Challenge.
You are encouraged to wear a face covering while in the testing center.
NWACC Testing Center is a weapons free zone. Please leave your weapon in your vehicle.
If NWACC is closed, the Testing Center is closed. Notifications are posted on the NWACC homepage.
If you are testing for NWACC, please read the information below. If you are testing for another college/university, please see our Community Tests page for more information.
The Accuplacer is a self-paced computerized exam offered on the Bentonville campus only and must be taken for initial course placement and less than 5 years old. State law requires a placement test that demonstrates academic preparedness in reading, writing, listening, and math. NWACC accepts ACT, COMPASS, or Accuplacer.
- Proctoring for the Accuplacer exam is offered Monday - Thursday from 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. (last test is seated at 5:00 p.m.). Appointments are required. The Accuplacer exam will also be offered on select Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (last test seated at 11:00 am) during the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Accuplacer fee is $10 per exam. All payments must be made through the link below. Cash is not accepted. Once payment is received, you will receive an email confirmation of your appointment. Seating is limited so same day appointment requests will not be honored.
- Students are provided scratch paper and a calculator is built into the test. Students may NOT bring their own materials.
- There is no time limit.
- Study materials and practice tests are available.
- Placement Chart
Accuplacer has a free mobile study app that can be downloaded to your devices. There are online study guides and practice tests available also. It is highly advisable that you refresh your skills before taking this placement test.
For the 2021 calendar year; use NWACC’s testing center to take the Accuplacer placement test, Course Accommodation tests, the Biological Concept Exam, HAPS exam and the Computer Challenge.”
- Masks are required and must be worn the entire time you are in the testing center. NWACC Testing Center is a weapons free zone. Please leave your weapon in your vehicle.
- Due to physical distancing requirements and group capacity limits, seating will be limited.
- Appointments are required and will be at the Bentonville location only. Same day requests may not be honored.
- NWACC tests will be administered Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Students have 2 hours to finish their exam after the last seating time.
- To schedule your appointment, call 479-619-4354 or email the email@example.com. When requesting an appointment, please have the following information available:
- NWACC ID number
- NWACC email address
- Instructor's name that you need to test for and the course title
- Day and time preferences for your appointment
- Confirmation emails will be sent to your NWACC email once your appointment has been scheduled. Please forward the confirmation email to your instructor so they know when materials need to be delivered to the Testing Center. Don't forget to bring a valid photo ID with you when you come to the Testing Center.
- Please be on time to your appointment. If you are more than 15 minutes late, you will be placed on a standby list and only allowed to test once a spot becomes available. Under no circumstances will tests be seated after the doors closed at 5:15 p.m. Monday - Thursday and 11:15 a.m. Friday - Saturday.
- Computer Challenge exams are offered on a very limited basis during this semester. Please call the Assessment Office at 479-986-4078 for availability.
- Proctor fee is $35 per exam.
- This exam is available for NWACC credit and non-credit programs and covers Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access. The exam may only be attempted once and a passing score is an overall 80% with no section below a 70%.
- A 4 hour appointment is required for this exam (the student may take up to 60 minutes in each section).
- Assessment of biological knowledge as a prerequisite option for BIOL 2214, which is required for Anatomy and Physiology I.
- The computerized test consists of sixty multiple choice questions. A score of 23 is needed in order to pass.
- One re-test is allowed.
Human Anatomy and Physiology Society Combined Competency Examination
- Assessment of current A&P knowledge for the NWACC Nursing Program.
- No re-testing is allowed. This test is primarily for those who have taken an A&P class, but it has been more than 5 years.
- No study guide is available.
- This test consists of 100 multiple choice questions. A minimum score of 40 is needed.
- Have photo ID and Scantron ready at time of testing.