Main Content Start
NWACC’s RT program consists of 30 credit hours of pre-requisite coursework and 52 credit hours of RT technical coursework. Enrollment in the technical courses is only through program admission. Students may apply to the RT program through an online application in the spring for fall admission.
- The RT program faculty do not recommend taking additional courses while enrolled in the program.
- RT students will attend day-time technical classes at the NWACC Bentonville campus and are required to take the courses in sequence.
- All RT courses require the use of computers and NWACC’s learning management system:
- To progress and complete the degree requirements, courses are to be completed with
a 76% for a grade of a “C” or higher.
- Students will have scheduled experience within clinical facilities. Clinical rotation
assignments are made by a lottery system.
- To complete the RT program, students must demonstrate proficiency with RT procedures in the laboratory and in clinical practice.
View the pre-requisites and courses required to earn an AAS in Respiratory Therapy.
The Associate of Applied Science Degree (AAS) is designed for employment purposes and may not transfer to another institution. While some institutions accept some courses in AAS programs, the general rule is that courses in AAS degree are not accepted toward a bachelor's degree. Schedule an appointment with the RT program director or Health Professions advisor for more information regarding transfer credit.