Main Content Start
Any checks (including web ACH) issued for payment to NWACC that are returned for insufficient funds will be resubmitted. If the check clears the second time, no penalties will be assessed by NWACC.
If your check is returned for these reasons:
- Insufficient funds after being submitted a second time
- Closed or invalid account
- Stop payment or unauthorized payment
The following will happen:
- You will be assessed a $25 returned check fee.
- Your account will be placed on hold.
- The hold is placed on the account of the student, employee or company for whom the payment was intended. This may be different from the person who wrote the check.
- NWACC will notify the account holder by letter at the current address in NWACC's system.
The check amount plus the returned check fee must be paid by cash, money order or credit card. Checks will not be accepted from any party while the account is on hold.
Once the amount of the check and the returned check fee have been paid in full, checks will not be accepted as payment for one year from the date the obligation was satisfied.
If your check is returned because an incorrect account number was provided online, the following will happen:
- You will be assessed a $5 fee.
- You (or the account holder) will receive an email notification of the charge. The email will provide instructions to correct the account information.
- If there are three (3) payments in one term with an incorrect account number, you will not be able to use the online payment method for one year. Any scheduled recurring payments or saved payment methods may be deleted from your online profile.