Main Content Start
NWACC Utilizes Workday to Streamline the Student Experience
To elevate student success, NWACC is moving most of the college's student-related systems to Workday - a simple, cloud-based mobile-friendly information system. This initiative is referred to as the Workday Student project where many of the tasks that students, faculty and staff perform on a regular basis will be available at any time, from anywhere, and in one place – Workday.
Students, faculty and staff can view the information below to understand what can be accomplished in Workday Student and how it’ll be different than NWACC’s previous systems.
SNEAK PEEK: Take a sneak peek of the student experience in Workday by viewing our demonstration video.
Students will use Workday Student to:
- Register for classes and add, drop or swap classes
- View your schedule
- View your financial aid
- Pay your bill or request a refund
- View your grades and academic progress
Say Hello to:
- A new profile in Workday that serves as your one-stop for all things student
- A simplified interface that is easy to search for course offerings
- Easily view and track your academic plans and progress – in one system
Say Goodbye to:
- Cryptic language and codes to search for courses and track your progress
- PDF forms and processes that require help to complete
- Extra steps for each task
FACULTY & STAFF
Faculty will use Workday Student to:
- Find your teaching schedule
- Check enrollments for course sections
- View class rosters
- Review advisees
- View course descriptions and details
- Enter and change final grades
- And more
Staff may use Workday Student to:
- Find and/or update student information
- Complete tasks necessary for enrollment, registration, advising, financials, records and others
- Support students in self-service required tasks
Say Hello to:
- A single student information system
- A simplified interface that is easy to search
- Plain language descriptions
- More automated processes
- Easily view tasks and your progress
- Easily update personal information
Say Goodbye to:
- Cryptic language and Banner codes
- Numerous PDF forms
- Hidden records
- Extra steps for each process
- Tasks and records located in separate systems
ROLL OUT PHASES/MILESTONES
Workday Student capabilities will roll out in four milestones or phases beginning October of 2022 through July of 2023. Each milestone will expand student-centered modules within Workday.
- Recruiting & Admissions
- Student Records
- Student Financials
- Academic Advising
- Financial Aid
MILESTONE 1 - Prospective Students & Administrative Setup
- Prospective/New students can apply and be tracked in Workday for Summer 2023+ enrollment
- Current students continue the current process to complete enrollment, register for course sections, check academic progress, and make payments for Fall 2022 and Spring 2023.
- All course definitions are loaded and maintained in Workday
- Students, faculty and staff continue to view the Fall 2022/Spring 2023 course schedules via the NWACC website and Banner.
- Programs of study (i.e., degree programs) are loaded and maintained in Workday
How to apply for Summer/Fall 2023 through Workday:
MILESTONE 2 (March/April 2023): Student Data, Onboarding & Advising, Registration & Fees
Onboarding: NWACC students can now onboard in Workday. Students will need to onboard before they can register for summer/fall classes.
How to Onboard in Workday:
- Login to Workday here: https://www.myworkday.com/nwacc/d/home.htmld
- Use same username/password that is used to log into student email
- View inbox to perform tasks such as:
- Complete action items
- Set up friends and family users for your student account
- Review and update your personal and contact information
- And others!
- Now you’re all set!
- View this helpful step-by-step guide or watch the video below on how to onboard.
- Email questions to email@example.com.
Other Achievements Coming:
- Course and course section information for Summer/Fall 2023 registration will be available
- Current student records will be migrated to Workday, including program of study (degree program) information, personal information and contact information
- Current students must complete onboarding tasks prior to class registration in April for Summer 2023+
- New and current students will be able to register for Summer 2023+(once registrations opens on April 3 and they’ve completed onboarding tasks)
- Fees and charges will migrate to Workday starting in April
- Outstanding fees and charges for Spring 2023 will be migrated
- Registration fees and charges for Summer 2023+ will occur in Workday
- Academic advising will be live in Workday
- Advisors can see list of advisees/cohorts and programs of study for each advisee
- Students will meet with advisors to make program of study changes
- From the student profile, students and advisors will review academic history, academic progress, and register from an academic plan.
- Note: Advisor scheduling will continue in Qless
TRAINING & HELP
To help you with the transition throughout the Workday Student phase, NWACC will be offering training sessions for faculty, staff and students, as well as step-by-step guides at times aligned with the student lifecycle. Training information and tools will be housed on the college’s internal Workday website on Microsoft SharePoint at www.nwacc.edu/WorkdayStudent.
Be sure to stay informed on Workday progress by reading Workday emails in your NWACC inbox, visiting NWACC’s internal Workday site on Microsoft SharePoint at www.nwacc.edu/WorkdayStudent, and attending informational sessions.