Main Content Start
Student Government Association (SGA) Application form:
Applications are due Thursday, April 28th, 2022 by 11:59 p.m. Late applications will not be accepted. Applications must be complete to be considered.
Student Government Association
To serve as a student representative and to facilitate the campus activities and objectives of the Student Government Association (SGA) program as outlined by the Director of Student Life. Individual members of the SGA are viewed as part of an organization of student leaders at NWACC.
Director of Student Life and Coordinator of Student Life
- Serve as students' voice.
- Advocate for students' wants and needs.
- Create programs that serve students.
- Collaborate with NWACC for events.
- Operate an online and on-site presence.
- Uphold SGA values that correlate with the betterment of the college.
- Provide leadership among students.
- Encourage a sufficient academic standard among the student body.
- Cooperate and work with the Student Senate.
- To plan student activities on campus, actively participate in events, and to support and encourage other students to become involved in campus activities.
- To participate in an ongoing evaluation process regarding the campus activities program.
- To represent NWACC at college and community functions.
- To speak in the community about NWACC.
- To serve as an ambassador of NorthWest Arkansas Community College in a variety of structured and informal formats.
- To serve on college committees.
- To perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Life and the Dean of
- SGA applicants must be enrolled or plan to enroll for the 2021 - 2022 academic year
at NorthWest Arkansas Community College, have at least a 2.5 overall cumulative grade point average (at the time of application) and be enrolled or plan to enroll in at least nine credit
- If you do not have an established NWACC GPA you will need to submit one letter of reference from your current educational institution that includes your GPA.
- No student may apply for or hold a SGA position while on academic or disciplinary probation.
- The SGA conducts meetings on a weekly basis, Friday mornings 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- The SGA takes part in the Student Senate meetings once per month.
- All SGA members are required to participate in all meetings.
- SGA members must have designated two office hours per week for SGA business.
- SGA members are required to devote a minimum of 120 hours per semester to SGA activities. This will include summer orientation. This is achieved through attending meetings, office hours, and occasional events hosted by the SGA.
- SGA members are also required to sit on a college committee.
- SGA members will also perform other duties as assigned by an advisor.
- SGA members will work well with other SGA members, community members, NWACC staff, faculty, and students.
- SGA members are required to attend various retreats and conferences on and off-campus as part of development and training.
- SGA members must participate and attend various activities during the summer term.
- Having received the honor of taking part in the SGA, members must hold themselves to a standard benefitting a representative and a peer role model.
- SGA members will be expected to refine and participate in events requiring public speaking, communication, organizational, and leadership skills throughout their service to the college.
- An SGA member's position may be terminated if it is determined that he/she is not maintaining ethics befitting a paraprofessional, not performing satisfactorily, and not working productively with other NWACC staff/faculty/students, or jeopardizing the success of the program.
Note: Your term will start June 13, 2022 and end June 12, 2023.
April 28, 2022
Completed Application. NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Please check NWACC email for a confirmation email from a member of the Election Committee that your application was received.
May 1–May 6, 2022
Interviews will be held. A member of the Elections Committee will arrange a time for your interview.
May 9, 2022
New SGA members are announced.
May 25–27, 2022
SGA Retreat. All members must attend.