Main Content Start
STUDENT AMBASSADOR & GOVERNMENT ASSOCIATION (SAGA) APPLICATION FORM:
Applications are due Friday, May 31, 2019 by 3:00 p.m.
Late applications will not be accepted. Applications must be complete to be considered.
Student Government & Ambassador Association
To serve as a student representative, assist the Student Services Team with new student orientations and registration, and to facilitate the campus activities and objectives of the Student Ambassador and Government Association (SAGA) program as outlined by the Director of Student Life. Individual members of the SAGA are viewed as part of an organization of student leaders at NWACC.
Director of Student Life
- Serve as the student voice.
- Advocate for students.
- Create programs that serve students.
- To plan all student activities on campus, actively participate in events, and to support and encourage other students to become involved in campus activities.
- To participate in an ongoing evaluation process regarding the campus activities program.
- To give campus tours to prospective students.
- To coordinate campus tours with the Office of Admissions.
- To work with faculty, staff, student leaders, and members of the administration to facilitate the success of all aspects of the registration process.
- To act as a paraprofessional in presenting and distributing information to new students about a variety of aspects regarding the NorthWest Arkansas Community College campus throughout the registration period.
- To represent NWACC at college and community functions.
- To speak in the community about NWACC.
- To serve as an ambassador of NorthWest Arkansas Community College in a variety of structured and informal formats.
- To serve on college committees.
- To perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Life and the Dean of
- SAGA applicants must be enrolled or plan to enroll for the 2019 - 2020 academic year at NorthWest Arkansas Community College, have at least a 2.5 overall cumulative grade point average (at the time of application) and be enrolled or plan to enroll in at least nine credit hours.
- No student may apply for or hold a SAGA position while on academic or disciplinary
- All SAGA members will sign a contract to commit to the full academic year.
- The SAGA conducts meetings on a weekly basis, Friday mornings 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. All SAGA members are required to participate in all meetings.
- SAGA members must have designated two office hours per week to be used for SAGA business or giving campus tours.
- SAGA members are required to devote a minimum of 120 hours per semester to SAGA activities. This will include summer orientation and tours.
- SAGA members will also perform other duties as assigned by advisor.
- SAGA members will represent NorthWest Arkansas Community College in a positive manner at all times.
- SAGA members will work well with other SAGA members, community members, and NWACC staff, faculty, and students.
- SAGA members are required to attend various retreats and conferences on and off campus as part of development and training.
- SAGA members are required to participate and attend various activities during the summer term.
- SAGA members receive the honor of being a student representative and peer role model. SAGA members will have many opportunities throughout their tenure of service to develop and polish their public speaking, communication, organizational, and leadership skills.
- A SAGA member's position may be terminated if it is determined that he/she is not maintaining ethics befitting a paraprofessional, not performing satisfactorily, not able to work productively with other NWACC staff/faculty/students, or jeopardizing the success of the program.
Note: Your term will begin July 1, 2019 and will end June 30, 2020.