Main Content Start
First Time International Student
First time international students requesting an F-1 Visa must submit the following information to NWACC. Please follow these steps in order.
To protect the privacy of your information and to comply with U.S. Department of Education regulations, we can no longer accept documents by email.
- Upload your documents online: https://api.nwacc.edu/LSS/InternationalFileDropBox/
- Login: international
- Password: nwacc1989
- Complete an international mail request with UEMS - UEMS Instructions
- Have a local family friend pick up the documents in our office. Provide name and date of birth.
- Request mail inside the United States (Provide U.S. address).
Complete your I-901 SEVIS fee of $200 U.S. dollars (USD) for the I-20 form.
- You will find your personal SEVIS ID# in the top-left corner of your I-20 form. This is NOT the same as your NWACC ID#.
- Please make sure you print out your SEVIS fee receipt and take it with you to the U.S. embassy.
Complete your DS-160 Visa Application of $160 USD. You must have the following items prior to your Visa interview:
- NWACC acceptance letter
- I-20 document
- I-901 fee receipt
- DS-160 confirmation receipt
- Passport size photograph
- Education financing
- High school transcript
- Standardized tests (if applicable)
- College transcript (if applicable)
- English verification (if applicable)
- Evidence of intent to return home
NWACC and the United States government expects all F-1 and J-1 international students
to enroll in a total of 12 credits per semester. Of those 12 credits, nine must be
live on-campus coursework.
You must complete your courses even if you are not doing well in a course. To protect your immigration status, we recommend that you enroll in 15 credits each semester so you have the flexibility to drop a course if necessary.
The United States government allows us to award an I-20 or DS-2019 for the duration of study that is expected for an associate degree. You will have an average of two years to obtain a college degree at NWACC. If needed, we can grant an extension prior to the end of your ‘duration of status’.