Main Content Start
Journalism, Photography, and Language in Italy
Experience Italy's beauty and historic monuments, palaces, churches, and more as you walk the cobblestone streets of Siena.
NWACC partners with Università per Stranieri di Siena (est.1921) to offer students and community members four weeks of classroom study in the Italian language and Photography or Journalism. The program may be taken for college credit or audit.
All participants will take an Italian language course with the Università in Siena by Università instructors and can choose between Photography and Journalism with NWACC instructors.
One of the most attractive aspects of the Università is its diversity of students. In 2014, students from 95 countries attended the school.
- Tuition for language course in Italy
- Round trip air transportation (approximately $1,600)
- Language tutors
- Accommodations onsite
- Day trip excursions related to the program's curriculum
- Admission to sites and attractions that are part of the program's curriculum
- Project supplies and materials
- Health and extraction insurance
- Tuition and fees for three hour NWACC course
- New passport application fees (if applicable)
- Visa fee (if applicable)
- Meals (participants eligible for University of Siena meal plan. Averages 4.50 euro)
- Optional excursions
- Immediate medical expenses
Participants sign up for Photography and Journalism with NWACC. All participants will sign up for Italian I or II with the University of Siena (all courses built into the program fees). Course offerings are subject to change.