Main Content Start
Use NWACC's testing center to take placement tests, online exams and make-up exams,
the Biological Concepts Exam, HAPS and the Computer Challenge.
If you are testing for NWACC, please read the information below. If you are testing for another college/university, please see our Community Tests page for more information.
The Accuplacer is a self-paced computerized exam offered on the Bentonville campus only and must be taken for initial course placement and less than 5 years old. State law requires a placement test that demonstrates academic preparedness in reading, writing, listening, and math. NWACC accepts ACT, COMPASS, or Accuplacer.
- Proctoring for the Accuplacer exam is offered Monday - Thursday from 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., and Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. (last test seated at 5:00 p.m.). Appointments are not required.
- The Accuplacer exam is not offered on Saturday.
- Accuplacer fee is $10 per exam. It can be paid at the Treasurer's Office or online with the link below.
- Students are provided scratch paper and a calculator is built into the test. Students may NOT bring their own materials.
- There is no time limit.
- Study materials and practice tests are available.
- Placement Chart
Accuplacer has a free mobile study app that can be downloaded to your devices. There are online study guides and practice tests available also. It is highly advisable that you refresh your skills before taking this placement test.
- Staff members CANNOT schedule appointments via phone, email, or in person for students.
- Use Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Google Chrome for your browser. Mac users use Safari.
- Select Appointment Scheduler at the bottom of the page and on the new page select "Log in".
- First Time Users select the Register as a new user button. Complete the registration information and select Register.
- Returning users select the blue Log In button in the middle of the screen.
- Your ID is your student ID (numbers only) and your password is your last name in all lowercase.
- Select Log In.
- Select Appointments.
- Select Create Appt Student.
- Select a category based on whether you need a computer station, paper station, or DRC accommodations room.
- Select instructor and subject. If your instructor is not listed select Other Instructor and the subject in which you are testing).
- MultiDay will show availability for a particular station during a date range. Single View allows you to look at all stations on a particular day. Select the view that works best for you.
- Select Next.
- Select a date range and an exam station.
- Choose your start time by clicking a green box. Make sure you have enough consecutive
half hour time blocks in order to schedule the length of appointment you need. Please note that the last NWACC class test is seated at 6:30 p.m., Mon-Thurs and at
11 a.m., Friday - Saturday.
If you schedule the last appointment of the day you have until closing time to finish your test
- When the box appears, verify the information and choose an end time based on how long you need
- Select Schedule
- Select Ok
- Please be on time to your appointment. If you are late, you are more than 15 minutes late, you will be placed on a standby list and only allowed to test once a spot becomes available. Under no circumstances will tests be seated after the doors close at 6:45 p.m., Mon-Thurs and 11:15 a.m., Friday - Saturday.
If you are late, you will be placed on a standby list and only allowed to test once a spot becomes available.
- Computer Challenge exams are offered Monday - Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Proctor fee is $35 per exam.
- This exam is available for NWACC credit and non-credit programs and covers Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access. The exam may only be attempted once and a passing score is an overall 80% with no section below a 70%.
- A 4 hour appointment is required for this exam (the student may take up to 60 minutes in each section).
- Assessment of biological knowledge as a prerequisite option for BIOL 2214, which is required for Anatomy and Physiology I.
- The computerized test consists of sixty multiple choice questions. A score of 23 is needed in order to pass.
- One re-test is allowed.
Human Anatomy and Physiology Society Combined Competency Examination
- Assessment of current A&P knowledge for the NWACC Nursing Program.
- No re-testing is allowed. This test is primarily for those who have taken an A&P class, but it has been more than 5 years.
- No study guide is available.
- This test consists of 100 multiple choice questions. A minimum score of 40 is needed.
- Have photo ID and Scantron ready at time of testing.