Main Content Start
Veteran Scholarships & Additional Funds
NWACC proudly offers affordable in-state tuition rates to all veterans, which can typically be covered by the GI Bill®. At times, veterans may need additional funds to cover their college expenses and are encouraged to apply for NWACC’s two veteran scholarships and other non-profit offerings.
A $500 scholarship awarded to veterans in the Fall and Spring to use towards their educational needs. It was named after an NWACC student who started the scholarship through a service learning project.
- Must be currently serving in the U.S. military, received an honorable discharge from service, or be the child of a member who was killed in combat or as a result of injuries sustained in combat.
- Must be able to provide proof of veteran status by submitting a copy of the discharge papers or DD214 form.
- Must submit a letter from a commanding officer recognizing either the honorable discharge or current honorable and professional service.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must have completed a minimum of 12 credit hours in past two academic years.
A $250 scholarship awarded to veterans in the Fall and Spring to use towards their educational needs.
- Must be a veteran of the U.S. Military, currently active duty, or a member of the National Guard.
- Must be an Arkansas resident.
- Must be willing to attend a Home for Dinner event.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.0
- Preference will be given to students with demonstrated financial need.
Home For Dinner is a non-profit organization that offers veterans residing in Benton and Washington County, Arkansas with a one-time $50 gift card for dinner at a local restaurant. Gift cards are given out once a semester.