Main Content Start
Face Covering Requirements
For the safety of our college community and to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, NWACC requires all college members returning to NWACC to wear a face covering/mask upon entry/exit into buildings, while walking through any public or shared spaces, while using shared equipment, and when encountering others in the classroom or inside college buildings.
NWACC REQUIRES face coverings at all college locations, even though the state mandate has ended.
Face coverings are to cover both the mouth and nose to minimize spreading respiratory droplets when talking, coughing or sneezing. The college community is asked to provide their own personal face coverings. If you
are not able to obtain your own, NWACC will have single use, disposable masks/face
coverings available at Department of Public Safety (DPS) stations and at building
There is also a cloth face covering/mask drop box located outside the DPS
station in Burns Hall where college members can donate cloth face coverings and pick out a face covering if needed. If you'd like to donate new cloth face coverings, please call DPS (479-619-4229) to arrange a drop off.
NOTE: Please be sure to wash or disinfect cloth masks regularly.
Donate a Mask
If you are interested in volunteering your time to sew and donate a new cloth face covering/mask, please do the following:
- Please place individual face coverings inside individual resealable plastic bags. This will allow the least amount of hand contact and limit exposure.
- Please call DPS (479-619-4229) to arrange to drop off your donation.
Take a Mask
If you are in need of a free donated face covering, please do the following:
- Pick out a free face covering/mask from the drop box outside of the DPS station in Burns Hall.
- Please only take the number of face coverings/masks you need.
- Be sure to disinfect or wash your cloth face covering regularly.
Face coverings are free but if you'd like to offer a donation to the Student Emergency Assistance Fund, you can do so online.
Face Covering / Mask Resources:
- This web page offers instructions for making contoured face mask with filter pocket: http://www.arkansasfashion.org/instructions-for-contoured-face-mask-with-filter-pocket/
- This web page offers instructions for four-layered face mask: http://www.arkansasfashion.org/instructions-for-four-layered-mask/
- This web page offers instructions for four -layered face mask with fabric ties: http://www.arkansasfashion.org/four-layered-face-mask-with-fabric-ties/
- The following web page offers helpful material and cutting instructions: https://sarahmaker.com/how-to-sew-a-surgical-face-mask-for-hospitals-free-pattern/
- The following do-it-yourself video offers a pattern for a standard pleased face mask with elastic ear loops. This pattern has two layers of fabric, and an internal pocket in which you can add additional layers of disposable filtration material if desired. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gcLp0y-Mfg
The following local businesses may have elastic in stock. Call first for availability.
Sew In Heaven
3162 West M.L.K. Jr Blvd Suite 10
Fayetteville, AR 72704
Phone: (479) 333-2201
20 yard minimum @ .60 a yard – will mail upon request
Rogers Sewing Center
1802 S 8th St #71b
Rogers, AR 72756
5 yard maximum allowed @ .50 a yard
NOTE: NWACC's Public Relations may be able to connect you with a donation of elastic. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
Face Covering Pick-Up Location
A FREE donated face covering can be taken from the drop box located outside the DPS station in Burns Hall. Please take only what you need.