Main Content Start
6 Ways to Know if College is Closed Due to Inclement Weather
This winter season, we wanted to remind NorthWest Arkansas Community College (NWACC) staff, faculty and students on how to stay updated on inclement weather closings at NWACC locations.
Decisions to cancel classes and/or close the college will be communicated to employees and students no later than 5:30 a.m. for morning classes and no later than 2:30 p.m. for evening classes.
NWACC will only send out communication if there is a closing or class cancelation due to weather. If there is no communication, then the college is open.
College closings or canceled classes will be communicated by the following:
- Stated on the NWACC homepage
- Stated on NWACC social media pages. (Please follow us: @NWACC)
- NWACC email notification
- BCAlert – A text messaging service used by NWACC and Benton County Emergency Management. Be sure to sign up!
- LiveSafe – A phone app that allows you to receive emergency alerts from NWACC. Be sure to download this app.
- On local media outlets – Check KHOG, KNWA, KFSM, Clear Channel and/or Arkansas Democrat Gazette
Make sure to always use your best judgment during inclement weather and stay safe!
There’s a Place for You Here.
Visit nwacc.edu or call 479-986-4000 to learn more about choosing a higher education with NWACC.