Main Content Start
With COVID-19 cases lowering and vaccines readily available to our college community, NWACC is excited to offer students a more vibrant college experience by increasing on-campus services this summer and face-to-face classes this fall. View the following COVID-19 information to stay updated on what to expect this school year.
NOTE: Be sure to also monitor your NWACC email to stay updated on NWACC’s response
to the COVID-19 (coronavirus).
- Safety Guidelines - Students, employees and visitors are encouraged to do their part to protect each other
and keep us #NWACCStrong by getting vaccinated, wearing a face covering, washing hands and social distancing.
- Face coverings are no longer required beginning July 6th, but encouraged. Learn more about face coverings.
- PPE for Departments - If you are an employee in need of PPE, contact Shipping and Receiving at #4219 or
- COVID-19 Testing - View a listing of testing sites in NWA at www.nwacouncil.org/testing.
- COVID-19 Vaccines - NWACC is regularly partnering with providers to offer vaccine clinics on campus. Be
sure to monitor your NWACC email for PR emails regarding vaccine clinics and other
COVID-19 information. A list of local vaccine clinics can also found at www.nwacouncil.org/nwavaccines/. NOTE: Vaccinations are not required but encouraged.
- #NWACCStrong Campaign - Employees can download #NWACCStrong graphics to help encourage the college community to do their part to keep each other safe and to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Download Graphics
COVID-19 Case Reporting
If you have experienced ANY of the following:
- Symptoms related to COVID-19 and/or
- Tested positive for COVID-19 and/or
- May have been exposed to (in close contact with) another person who has tested positive to COVID-19.
Please note: If your job or clinical rotation for your degree requires that you be exposed to those with COVID-19 (such as a job in health care), and you wear the proper PPE, there’s no need for you to report exposure to HR or Dean of Students.
DO NOT COME TO CAMPUS until you have been directed to do so by the Dean of Students office (if student) or Human Resources (if an employee).
If you are a student, please do the following:
- Report this information by emailing the Dean of Students office at email@example.com
- Email your instructor(s) to let them know you have experienced one (or more) of the items on the list above and cannot come to campus
If you are an employee, please do the following:
- Report this information by emailing Human Resources at COVIDhelp@nwacc.edu
- If you are an instructor and have an in-person/face-to-face class on campus, notify your students that the class is moving online or to remote synchronous.
COVID-19 is an infectious disease caused by a coronavirus. Learn about symptoms, transmission, testing, treatment and how to prevent getting sick.
Reporting COVID-19 Cases
Learn about reported positive COVID-19 cases on campus and how to report if you have symptoms, been exposed and/or diagnosed with COVID-19.
Student Services & Resources
Many student services and resources are offered online and on-campus. Learn how to connect to the assistance you need.
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, the college encourages all students, employees and visitors to wear face coverings while at NWACC.
Travel & Events
Learn more about traveling abroad, out of state and throughout the state, as well as holding or attending college events during a pandemic.