Main Content Start
NWA Holocaust Awareness Project
Northwest Arkansas Holocaust Awareness Project
In response to Arkansas ranking last on the Claims Conference Survey of Holocaust Knowledge, NWACC's Division of Social and Behavioral Sciences created the NorthWest Arkansas Holocaust Awareness Project (NAHAP) task force, which
organizes public lectures and educator workshops focused on Holocaust knowledge and
mass violence awareness.
NAHAP seeks to raise awareness about:
- The genocide of the European Jewish community during WWII
- The ecological, ethical, historical, psychological, philosophical, political, sociological and theological components of this genocide
- The relation of this genocide to other historical and contemporary examples of genocide throughout the world.
To achieve these three goals, NAHAP seeks to create and maintain:
- A community event series that brings out the best research utilizing different media, activities, academic disciplines and subject positions
- A series of curricular resources that are free to use for faculty and students across the academy
- A collection of service learning projects, simulations, study abroad and other experiential learning projects across the college
- An interdisciplinary conversation at the college and in the community
- A series of partnerships with organizations throughout the state, region, nation and
Attend NAHAP's various educational events in an effort to increase knowledge and spread awareness about the Holocaust.
Scan NAHAP's numerous resources to gather more information on the Holocaust and to assist you in educating others.