Main Content Start
Honorary Associate Degree
At NWACC, we value those around us, and seek to reward exemplary service and leadership in our area.
NWACC's Board of Trustees periodically grants honorary associate degrees to recognize and celebrate outstanding service to the college and/or the community. The honorary degree is awarded to select individuals who, beyond their normal occupational pursuits, exemplify a high caliber of service to enhance the quality of life.
Honorary Associate Degrees are awarded in five different areas:
- Educational Service: Recognizing outstanding service that enhances area educational opportunities or gives
personal assistance that leads to the success of individuals in higher education.
- Humanitarian Service: Recognizing outstanding altruism that enhances the quality of life for others in
- Servant Leadership: Recognizing outstanding service that goes "the second mile" beyond the servant's
paid job description in any area of leadership and that benefits others and/or enhances
their leadership capabilities.
- Arts and Letters: Recognizing outstanding contributions to the arts in any form that enhances the quality
of life in the area.
- Entrepreneurial Leadership: Recognizing outstanding contributions to business or industry through creative start-ups of new enterprises or through innovative management of business or industry.