Main Content Start
Earn While You Learn
Pursue a skilled trade at NWACC and enjoy a high quality education and hands-on training by industry professionals, all while moving into a well-paying career.
The college currently offers certification in HVAC and US Department of Labor Registered Apprenticeship Programs in plumbing and electrical. With HVAC certification, you'll obtain the knowledge and skills to become an HVAC technician and be prepared for the EPA exam. As a plumbing or electrical apprentice, you'll work within the trade under a licensed professional while taking classes, allowing you to earn an income while you learn.
View each program page to learn more about instruction, coursework, on-the-job training,
licensing and more.
Contact Skilled Trades
- Shewmaker Center for Workforce and Economic Development (SCWT), A102
- (479) 986-4084
- (479) 936-5198
- M-Th, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Friday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Become a plumbing apprentice and experience hands-on education and on-the-job training by a licensed professional.
Become a electrical apprentice and experience hands-on education and on-the-job training by a licensed professional.
Pursue an HVAC certification and obtain the knowledge and skills to become an HVAC
technician and be prepared for the EPA exam.
Beginner Course - Core for Trades
Not sure where to start in your trades career? Begin by completing the Core for Trades course! Core for Trades is a 6 to 8 week course that covers entry-level skills for building and construction trades. View the information below to learn more.
Core for Trades Course:
- Includes 12 class sessions
- Classes are a combination of lectures and hands-on labs
- Successful completion of required coursework and performance assessments will result in a National Center for Construction Education & Research Core Credential and entry in the NCCER Registry.
- Successful completion of Core for Trades, as documented by entry in the NCCER Registry, may be applied towards requirements for the following NWACC programs:
|Summer 6 weeks||July 8 – Aug 19, 2021||M/R||5:30 pm-9:30 pm|
|Fall 1st 8 weeks||Aug 23 – Oct 14, 2021||T/W||5:30 pm-9:30 pm|
|Fall 2nd 8 weeks||Oct 20 - Dec 16, 2021||W/R||5:30 pm - 9:30 pm|
|Spring 1st 8 weeks||Jan 10 - March 3, 2022||T/W||5:30 pm - 9:30 pm|
|Spring 2nd 8 weeks||March 7 - May 23, 2022||W/R||5:30 pm - 9:30 pm|
Cost is $375 ($365 tuition + $10 registration fee) and includes:
- Use of printed textbook during class term
- NCCER Core Curriculum (5th edition) | Pearson
- NCCER Testing Fees
- Tools, equipment and materials for completion of class requirements