Main Content Start
We are excited to spend the summer with your kids and exploring the world of robotics, technology, making, arts, and more! The following information is designed to help you understand our commitment to the safety and wellbeing of your children while providing the maximum amount of learning and fun!
- Tube tops, spaghetti strap tops (strap must be minimum of 2 inches wide), cut-off T-shirts, midriff shirts/blouses, or netted shirts.
- Shirts, hats, buttons, etc. displaying obscene or inappropriate printing; or advertising of alcohol, drugs, or tobacco products, either explicit or implied.
- Offensive clothing and offensive writings and drawings on the body and clothing.
- Rips, tears, or holes in clothing must be below the student's fingertips when arms are fully extended toward the knees and shoulders are relaxed.
- Short shorts or dresses/skirts, including splits, must extend below the student's fingertips with shoulders relaxed.
- Clothing which shows underwear or lack thereof when doing normal activities.
- Rolling or wheeled shoes.
- Behavior that might interfere with the educational process is unacceptable.
- Students will be respectful of students, staff, and faculty.
- Students will be careful with college equipment, property, and the property of other students.
- Safety of students is our first responsibility. Non-volunteer students MAY NOT GO ANYWHERE on campus without being accompanied by a Kids' College staff member.
- Parents will be contacted if their child is involved in any unacceptable situations during the day. If you have been contacted due to unacceptable behavior, you may be asked to pick up your child.
- Staff members have the right, at any time, to exclude any child from activities due to failure or inability to follow, as directed, any and all rules and/or policies for participants.
- 1st occurrence: Instructor issues verbal warning.
- 2nd occurrence: Instructor contacts Program Director.
- 3rd occurrence: Program Director asks parent to pick up child for remainder of day.
- 4th occurrence: Student is expelled from all Kids' College programs for remainder of summer. No refunds will be issued.
- The student is caught stealing another person's property,
- The student issues or performs threats of bodily injury,
- The student engages another student/instructor in physical contact of any kind.
- The student has repeated behavioral issues, per disciplinary procedures above.
Drop off and pick up will be at the Shewmaker Center for Workforce Technologies,1000 SE Eagle Way, Bentonville, AR 72712.
Students will come to the front entrance and be checked in by a Kids' College staff member. If a child’s classroom is located in an adjacent building, they will be walked by an authorized Kids' College staff member.
- If your student is only enrolled in a Morning half-day sessions (8:30 am- 12:00 pm): You may drop your child off at the Shewmaker Center for Global Business Development between 7:50 am and 8:30 am. You may pick your child up in the same location you dropped him/her off between 12:00 p.m. and 12:15 p.m. Children who are picked up later than 12:45 pm will not be allowed to continue to attend and no partial refunds will be granted.
- If your student is only enrolled in an Afternoon half-day sessions (1:00 pm – 4:30 pm): You may drop your child off at the Shewmaker Center for Global Business Development between 12:45 pm and 1:00 pm. You may pick your child up in the same location you dropped him/her off between 4:30 pm - 5:00 pm. Children who are picked up later than 5:15 pm will not be allowed to continue to attend and no partial refunds will be granted.
- Full day sessions (8:30 am. – 4:30 pm.): You may drop your child off at the Shewmaker Center for Global Business Development between 7:50 am - 8:30 am. You may pick your child up in the same location you dropped him/her off between 4:30 pm - 5:00pm. Children who are picked up later than 5:15 pm will not be allowed to continue to attend and no partial refunds will be granted.
- Lunchtime Option: If you have a student enrolled in a morning half-day session and a separate afternoon half-day session, you may either pick them up for the 12:00pm-1:00pm or add-on the lunchtime option for $25/week. Students remaining on campus will need to bring their lunch.
- If you are going to be late in dropping your child off or your child will be absent, please call 479-936-5175.
- If you are late after 8:30am (morning) or 1:00pm (afternoon), please walk your child to the front desk of the Shewmaker Center for Workforce Technologies to be checked in Monday-Thursday. On Fridays, late drop-off will be at Shewmaker Center for Global Business Development.
- Morning session parents may visit the classroom between 11:00 a.m. and noon.
- Full Day and Afternoon session parents may visit the classroom between 3:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- On Fridays, parents/guardians are invited to visit the Kids' College Showcase in the Peterson Auditorium at the Shewmaker Center for Global Business Development between 10:45am-12pm and 3:15pm-4:30pm.