Main Content Start
We are excited to spend the summer with your kids and exploring the world of robotics, technology, politics, arts, and more! The following information is designed to help you understand our commitment to the safety and wellbeing of your children and providing the maximum amount of learning and fun!
We ask that you sign a liability waiver before your child can participate in Kid's College. You can sign it electronically and email it to WEDMarketplace@nwacc.edu or you may print, sign, and bring it on the Thursday before the class is to start.
We will provide your child with a name tag lanyard that he or she will need to wear every day at Kid's College. The name tag lanyard and t-shirt will need to be picked up the Thursday before the class is to start.
If you are enrolled in more than one Kid's College session, you will only receive one t-shirt. We encourage all students to wear their t-shirt on the last day of classes (Thursdays) in each session.
We will also provide you with an NWACC-assigned dashboard tag for your vehicle. Those who are picking up/dropping off children MUST have a visible NWACC-assigned dashboard tag for each child.
Students are asked to dress in casual play clothes, with care given to appropriate
clothing for special classes. Tennis shoes are generally recommended but required for all cooking and construction classes. Open toed shoes or flip flops may not be
worn in any lab spaces.
Students should feel welcome to be comfortable at Kid’s College but shall not practice a mode of dress, style of hair or standard of personal grooming which will present a health or safety hazard or cause disruption or disturbance to the educational process. The following dress code is prescribed for all Kid's College students and is in line with the Bentonville Public School dress code:
Students will not be permitted to wear:
- Tube tops, spaghetti strap tops (strap must be minimum of 2 inches wide), cut-off T-shirts, midriff shirts/blouses, or netted shirts.
- Shirts, hats, buttons, etc. displaying obscene or inappropriate printing; or advertising of alcohol, drugs, or tobacco products, either explicit or implied.
- Offensive clothing and offensive writings and drawings on the body and clothing.
- Rips, tears, or holes in clothing must be below the student's fingertips when arms are fully extended toward the knees and shoulders are relaxed.
- Short shorts or dresses/skirts, including splits, must extend below the student's fingertips with shoulders relaxed.
- Clothing which shows underwear or lack thereof when doing normal activities.
- Rolling or wheeled shoes.
Since the purpose of Kid's College is to provide an enrichment program, proper standards of conduct are necessary to protect the health, safety, and well-being of all Kid's College students.
- Behavior that might interfere with the educational process is unacceptable.
- Students will be respectful of students, staff, and faculty.
- Students will be careful with college equipment, property, and the property of other students.
- Safety of students is our first responsibility. Students MAY NOT GO ANYWHERE on campus without being accompanied by a Kid's College staff member.
- Parents will be contacted if their child is involved in any unacceptable situations during the day. If you have been contacted due to unacceptable behavior, you may be asked to pick up your child.
- Staff members have the right, at any time, to exclude any child from activities due to failure or inability to follow, as directed, any and all rules and/or policies for participants.
Students risk expulsion from the program if:
- The student is caught stealing another person's property,
- The student issues or performs threats of bodily injury,
- The student engages another student/instructor in physical contact of any kind.
- The student has repeated behavioral issues.
- 1st occurrence: Instructor issues verbal warning.
- 2nd occurrence: Instructor contacts Program Director.
- 3rd occurrence: Program Director asks parent to pick up child for remainder of day.
- 4th occurrence: Student is expelled from all Kid's College programs for remainder of summer. No refunds will be issued.
Drop off and pick up will be at the Shewmaker Center for Workforce Technologies,1000 SE Eagle Way, Bentonville, AR 72712.
Students will come to the front entrance and be checked in by a Kid’s College staff member. If a child’s classroom is located in an adjacent building, they will be walked by an authorized Kid's College staff member.
Please note: Parents will be charged a dollar a minute for late pickup past 4:35 p.m.
- Morning half-day sessions (8:30 a.m.- 12:00 p.m.): You may drop your child off between 8:00 am and 8:30 am. You may pick your child
up in the same location you dropped him/her off between 12:00 p.m. and 12:30 p.m.
Children who are picked up later than 1:00 p.m will not be allowed to continue to
attend and no partial refunds will be granted.
- Afternoon half-day sessions (1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.): You may drop your child off between 12:30 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. You may pick your child
up in the same location you dropped him/her off at 4:30 p.m. Children who are picked
up later than 5:00 p.m. will not be allowed to continue to attend and no partial refunds
will be granted.
- Full day sessions (8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.): You may drop your child off between 8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. You may pick your child up in the same location you dropped him/her off at 4:30 p.m. Children who are picked up later than 5:00 p.m. will not be allowed to continue to attend and no partial refunds will be granted.
- If you are going to be late in dropping your child off or your child will be absent, please call Stacy Reagan at 479-936-5108 and let her know immediately. If you are not able to reach Stacy, please call 479-936-5175.
- If you are late, please walk your child to the front desk of the Shemaker Center for Workforce Technologies to be checked in.
Lunch will not be provided during any of the NWACC Kid’s College sessions. Parents will need to send their child's lunch.
There will not be a lunch period for half-day only sessions, however, if you register for both a morning and an afternoon session on the same day, your child will need to bring a lunch.
NWACC's food court is not open during the summer, so children will not have the ability to purchase lunch on campus. We will not have access to refrigerators so please make sure lunchboxes containing perishables have ice packs.
Morning and afternoon snacks will be provided.
Parents/Guardians are invited to come to campus and see what their child is doing in the classroom. We ask that you do not go directly to the classroom. Check-in is required at the Shewmaker Center for Workforce Technologies front desk.
- Morning session parents may visit the classroom between 11:00 a.m. and noon.
- Full Day and Afternoon session parents may visit the classroom between 3:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.