Main Content Start
Prerequisites and Requirements
The following courses are required to be taken before registering for the CRA classes. Email email@example.com for further details or more information.
Acceptable proofs of completion:
- Submit a copy of official transcripts or unofficial transcripts with your application
- Take the Accuplacer Next Generation test, with the following minimum scores: College Algebra minimum score of +250, English Composition I minimum score of +250. See Accuplacer placement chart here.
- Take the CLEP test for College Algebra and/or English Composition I. CLEP testing awards college credit if you pass the test.
- Enroll in College Algebra or English Composition I (or higher) at NWACC or an accredited college.
* Learn more about taking the Accuplacer test at our Testing Center.
- Take the CRA Intro to Microsoft Office 2013 with a grade C or better
- Take the Computer Challenge Test (at NWACC).
- Test is administered at the NWACC Testing Center and students MUST schedule a test date. You must tell them you are taking the Computer Challenge Test. If you miss your scheduled test date, you will pay an additional amount to reschedule.
- All four sections must be taken (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access). A required overall score of 80%, no section score below 70%.
- Challenge Exam uses testing software to emulate Windows and the Microsoft Office 2019 Suite. Do not use the right click as a shortcut.
- Take CISQ 1103 Course (Intro to Computer Systems) within the past three years and have received a grade of C or higher. Final decision will be at the discretion of the Director of Retail and Supplier Education.
- Microsoft Certification/MSO-Certiport - student must provide documentation for Microsoft Office 2013 or newer certification in Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access received within the last three years.
CRA Intro to MS Office is a pre-requisite for Excel and Database Management for Retail. Proof of completion of this pre-requisite must be met prior to a student taking the Excel and Database Management for Retail course.
Proof of completion for the Excel and Database Management for Retail course includes successful completion of the Excel and Database Management for Retail course with a grade of "C" or higher.
In the CRA program, the majority of course materials utilized are course guides written specifically for the CRA program. This material is located in the Canvas LMS system.
The following classes in the CRA program utilize textbooks:
- CRA 9034 Intro to MS Office 2013
- CRA 5019 Retail Industry Foundations (Class 1)
- CRA 5015 Retail Strategic Analysis (Class 4)
- CRA 5014 Retail Tools Integration (Class 5)
Access to a laptop or computer: NWACC campus computer labs may also be utilized when campus is open
Computer software: At least Microsoft Windows 10; Microsoft Office 2013 Professional version (including Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and Power Point) Note: Mac computers can be used – but are not recommended
For more information on computer and technology recommendations, visit Information Technology's support page.
Tableau student license: used in class 5 Retail Tools Integration
High speed internet access
Additional equipment beneficial/not required for Remote Synchronous courses (live virtual webinars):
- Dual Monitors
- Webcam/camera on computer
Canvas Learning Management System: Utilized in all CRA classes, houses course materials. Note: Course materials are published to students approximately five days prior to the first day of class.
Retail Link - Decision Support: Student access granted following completion of NDA one week prior to Class 1 Retail Industry Foundations start date; check NWACC email for notifications.
To activate NWACC email and get help with other technical support issues, call the IT Help Desk at 479-619-4357.
For help with Canvas, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To reset a Retail Link password, email NWACC Site Administrator and provide user ID from NWACC email address. Note: Refer to CRA Announcements in Canvas for specific email address.
Visit Technical Support for more information.
For all other issues, contact email@example.com.