Main Content Start
Obtaining Pre-requisites for Certified Retail Analyst Program
The following courses are required to be taken before entering the Certified Retail
Acceptable proofs of completion:
- Submit a copy of official transcripts or unofficial transcripts with your application
- Take the Accuplacer Next Generation test, with the following minimum scores: College Algebra minimum score of +250, English Composition I minimum score of +250. See Accuplacer placement chart here.
- Take the CLEP test for College Algebra and/or English Composition I. CLEP testing awards college credit if you pass the test.
- Enroll in College Algebra or English Composition I (or higher) at NWACC or an accredited college.
* Learn more about taking the Accuplacer test at our Testing Center.
- Take the CRA Intro to Microsoft Office 2013 with a grade C or better
- Take the Computer Challenge Test (at NWACC).
- Test is administered at the NWACC Testing Center and students MUST schedule a test date. You must tell them you are taking the Computer Challenge Test. If you miss your scheduled test date, you will pay an additional amount to reschedule.
- All four sections must be taken (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access). A required overall score of 80%, no section score below 70%.
- Challenge Exam uses testing software to emulate Windows and the Microsoft Office 2013 Suite. Do not use the right click as a shortcut.
- Take CISQ 1103 Course (Intro to Computer Systems) within the past three years and have received a grade of C or higher. Final decision will be at the discretion of the Director of Retail and Supplier Education.
- Microsoft Certification - student must provide documentation for Microsoft Office 2013 certification in Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access.
CRA Intro to MS Office is a pre-requisite for Advanced Excel & Access for Retail. Proof of completion of this pre-requisite must be met prior to a student taking the Advanced Excel & Access for Retail course or attempting to take the Waiver Exam for this course.
Proof of completion for the Advanced Excel & Access for Retail course includes:
- Successful completion of the Advanced Excel & Access for Retail course with a grade of "C" or higher
- Passing Waiver Exam score (composite score of 90% or greater, with no section less than 70%)*
*Contact email@example.com to schedule waiver exam. To be considered for the waiver exam, a student must present proof of completion of the CRA Intro to MS Office course.
More About Pre-requisite Classes
These pre-requisite classes must be satisfied before registering for the Certified Retail Analyst classes. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details or more information.