Main Content Start
Coursework listed below offers students further insight of what will be learned throughout the Certified Retail Analyst Program.
These classes must be taken before the core classes.
- College Algebra (grade C or better)
- English Composition I (grade C or better)
- CRA Intro to Microsoft Office 2013; $500
- Advanced Excel and Access for Retail; $500
See more information regarding pre-requisites
All classes meet one night a week for 15 weeks from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
All classes are $575 per class.
- Retail Industry Foundations *
- Retail Link Data Management *
*May be taken concurrently
- Retail Supply Chain & Replenishment **
- Retail Strategic Analysis **
**May be taken concurrently
- Retail Tools Integration ***
- Retail Analytical Techniques ***
***May be taken concurrently
- CRA 9034 CRA Intro to MS Office 2013 (First seven weeks online class)
- CRA 9037 Advanced Excel and Access for Retail (Second eight weeks in the classroom, two nights a week)
- CRA 5019 Retail Industry Foundations (Retail Link ID is assigned to students)
- CRA 5013 Retail Link Data Management
- CRA 5017 Supply Chain & Retail Replenishment
- CRA 5015 Retail Strategic Analysis
- CRA 5014 Retail Tools Integration
- CRA 5016 Retail Analytical Techniques
In the CRA program, the majority of course materials utilized are course guides written specifically for the CRA program. This material is located in the Canvas LMS system.
The following classes in the CRA program utilize textbooks:
- CRA 9034 CRA Intro to MS Office 2013
- CRA 5019 Retail Industry Foundations (Class 1)
- CRA 5015 Retail Strategic Analysis (Class 4)
- CRA 5014 Retail Tools Integration (Class 5)
Access to a laptop or computer: NWACC campus computer labs may also be utilized when campus is open
Computer software: At least Microsoft Windows 10; Microsoft Office 2013 Professional version (including Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and Power Point) Note: Mac computers can be used – but are not recommended
Tableau student license: used in class 5 Retail Tools Integration
High speed internet access
Additional equipment beneficial/not required for Remote Synchronous courses (live virtual webinars):
- Dual Monitors
- Webcam/camera on computer
Canvas Learning Management System: Utilized in all CRA classes, houses course materials. Note: Course materials are published to students approximately five days prior to the first day of class.
Retail Link - Decision Support: Student access granted following completion of NDA one week prior to Class 1 Retail Industry Foundations start date; check NWACC email for notifications.
To activate NWACC email and get help with other technical support issues, call the IT Help Desk at 479-619-4357.
For help with Canvas, email email@example.com.
To reset a Retail Link password, email NWACC Site Administrator and provide user ID from NWACC email address. Note: Refer to CRA Announcements in Canvas for specific email address.
For all other issues, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The approximate cost of the Certified Retail Analyst program is $4,450. This includes the cost for the pre-requisite classes.