Main Content Start
Maintenance Skills and Techniques
NWACC’s Bicycle Workshops teach you quality, in-depth and relevant skills and techniques related to bicycle maintenance. All workshops are taught in the college's state-of-the-art Bicycle Technician Lab and use many of the same tools and resources that are used in the year-long Bicycle Technician program. They are a great way to learn basic services, maintain your own bicycle, or develop a general understanding of bicycle mechanics.
The Bicycle Workshops are designed for hobbyists who want to learn for personal enrichment without earning academic credit or a technical certificate. However, if you are gearing up for a career in the bicycle industry, consider enrolling in NWACC's Bicycle Industry Employers Association (BIEA) - accredited year-long Bicycle Technician Program, which will result in a technical certificate.
Bicycle Maintenance Fundamentals
NWACC's Bicycle Maintenance Fundamentals is an evening workshop that covers many common bicycle services, such as trailside repairs, drive train adjustments and brake servicing in just four weeks.
- The cost for the workshop is $500.
- The cost to purchase tools is approximately $100 - $150, which is an additional cost to that of the workshop.
- K-12 educators may complete this waiver to receive a 50% discount.
- Oct. 2 - Oct. 25, 2023: Mon. & Wed. only, from 6 PM - 8 PM.
- Feb. 6 – Feb. 29, 2024: Tues. & Thurs. only, from 6 PM – 8 PM
- April 8 – May 1, 2024: Mon. & Wed. only, from 6 PM – 8PM
Feel free to submit an application for Bicycle Maintenance Fundamentals workshop through
Workday, NWACC's new student information system.