Sustainability Project Planning Meeting
- Awareness: Not enough public knowledge
- Recycling: Techniques
- Education: Teach ways to be greener
- Trash Pick-Up: Student? Maintenance?
- Garbage: Sort?
- SAAB Participation: Volunteers?
- Consumption- Water Bottles, Motion Sensor Lights
- Family Resource Center- Their efforts?
- "Garbage in the Cities" By: Martin Melosi
- "Conservation and the Gospel of Efficiency" By: Samuel P. Hays
- "Sustainability" By: Empacts
Location: NWACC.edu>Current Students>Service Learning>East Empacts>Homepage>Enter>Service Learning>Best Practices
** Review the slides of Service Learning/EMPACTS websites to better understand the different ways to recycle: https://www.nwacc.edu/web/servicelearning/Sustainability
- Recycling Techniques:
- FIND OUT WHAT NWACC HAS TO OFFER AS RESOURCES!
- -University of Arkansas' Sustainability Efforts
- -Other school's efforts: College, High School, etc.
- -Reasons why we should recycle? è Single Receptacle?
- -Rules and Policies @ NWACC
- -Service Learning
- -Pea Ridge National Military Park
- -Wal-Mart/Sam's Club
- -Locations of Recycling Centers
- -Cabinet Liaison(s)
- -Research- Reduce our consumption!
- -Strategies to Improve Awareness
- Building Diagrams/General Informational Maps
- Recycling, Energy Conservation throughout history, Alternative Technology
- NWACC History with Sustainability
- Family Resource Centers: Weather-rise for old and poor.
Service for Project
- Family Resource Center
- Greenland Junior High Schools: Students interested? Possibly teach them?
- Energy Saving Possibilities
Logo/Motto Ideas :
- "Put the Green Back in NWACC!"
Team 1 : Sustainability at other schools
Team 2 :
Research possible partnerships
- Pea Ridge National Military Park
- Greenland Middle School
- Family Resource Center
- Other schools, junior & senior highs, other colleges/universities
Team 3 : Research- How to reduce carbon footprint
- Strategies- To improve awareness
- Building diagrams/Green info maps
- Recycle energy/ conserve
- Martin Melosi-Garbage in the Cities
- Samuel P Hays-Conservation and the Gospel of Efficiency
- NWACC's history with sustainability
- Family Resource Center-Kimberly Porter
Greenland Middle School—contact David Blankenship DBLANKEN@nwacc.edu —EAST facilitator—7th & 8th graders perhaps can partner with NWACC students on sustainability project
- Energy saving possibilities
Contacts for Sustainability Information/Help
- Weatherization program
- Energy assistance program
- Classes on weatherizing
- Home delivery of meals
- firstname.lastname@example.org – George Tanner, SIFE Advisor, Business Professor
- email@example.com – Becky Hudson, SIFE Advisor, Business Professor
- firstname.lastname@example.org – Chris Huggard, History Prof & Service Learning Coordinator
- • Mary Beth Haas- email@example.com --She has videos and resources that can be useful for sustainability (student activities coordinator NWACC)