Questions we try to help all students answer:
What is your / the reading purpose? What is the author's purpose?
What is your plan for reading? What is the author's plan?
What is your perspective about the reading? What is the author's perspective?
What will make you most successful as a reader?
1. Answer comprehension questions about reading selections
2. Identify topics of paragraphs and longer selections
3. Identify and articulate main ideas of paragraphs,
4. Identify and articulate theses for multi-paragraph selections,
5. Identify major and minor supporting details
6. Identify common writing patterns
7. Formulate correct definitions of selected vocabulary words
8. Apply critical reading skills, especially to materials which contain
9. Answer questions about selections when information is
10. Apply successful reading strategies to both print and digital texts
For more information, questions, or to comment on this website, please contact