The Associate of Applied Science in Respiratory Therapy degree will prepare you to:
- Administer therapeutic medical gases.
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Provide appropriate mechanical assistance to support respiration when necessary.
- Administer drugs that are given through inhalation procedures.
- Maintain all equipment used in respiratory support.
- Perform diagnostic pulmonary function testing and blood-gas analysis.
- Exercise judgment and accept responsibility in therapeutic procedures based on observation of patient
and knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pharmacology
and clinical medicine.
Upon graduation, students are eligible to take the National Board for Respiratory Care Therapist Multiple Choice Examination and Clinical Simulation Examination. Successful completion of these exams will result in the graduate obtaining the Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential.