Requirements for Admission:
- Acceptance into the nursing program is by application only
- NWACC admission criteria requirements
- Non-native Speakers of English students: score of at least 92 on COMPASS ESL Listening Test
- Overall Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.5 or better
- Pre-nursing General Education requirements
Considerations during the Nursing Program:
- Nursing students should plan to devote at least 40-50 hours per week to the Nursing Program sequence.
- Nursing students are admitted conditionally upon a clear background check and must submit to a urine drug screen.
- The Nursing Department strongly encourages all pre-nursing students to attend a pre-nursing advising session. Please check Student Resources for pre-nursing advising session dates and times.
ARKANSAS STATE BOARD OF NURSING ADVISORY: ANY INDIVIDUAL HAVING BEEN FOUND GUILTY OF A CRIME MAY BE INELIGIBLE TO WRITE THE NCLEX EXAM FOR LICENSURE AS A REGISTERED NURSE.