Section 4207 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act amends the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 to require employers to provide a reasonable break time and a suitable place, other than a bathroom, for an employee to express breast milk for her nursing child.
Lactation and Relaxation Room Guidelines
- The lactation room may be used by NWACC employees, students and visitors. However, you should register with the Office of Human Resources to arrange for use of the room on an ongoing basis. There is no fee for use of the lactation room, but it is a multi-use space so following the guidelines will ensure availability as you may need. This space duly serves as an employee rest and relaxation area.
- The person whose name appears on the schedule at a designated time has priority to use the room at that time. If you would like to be added to the schedule, please contact Human Resources at 619-3155.
- If you use the lactation room, it is your responsibility to keep yourself informed about the current schedule and to notify Human Resources at 619-3155 if you make a change in your schedule, or discontinue use of the lactation room.
- The Office of Human Resources reserves the right to manage use of this room.
- It is the responsibility of everyone using the lactation and relaxation space to keep the space clean and locked. Use of room resources, such as musical CDs, should also be done with respect and consideration for others.
2014 Holiday Calendar
To access Employee Self Service log into My NWACC Connection
For questions/comments on this content, please contact webmaster