Learner Support Services
Graduation and Commencement Information
General Degree Requirements
The following general degree requirements apply to any degree granted by the NorthWest Arkansas Community College:
- Completion of at least 15 semester hours in residence at NorthWest Arkansas Community College. (Certain professional degree programs may have more specific and/or extensive residency requirements.)
- Presentation of a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 out of a possible 4.0 in all courses submitted for graduation. Some degree programs require a cumulative GPA above 2.0
- Filing formal application for graduation for the fall, spring, or summer semesters.
- Application deadline, to participate in the commencement ceremony, for the Spring semester is March 17th 2014.
- Settlement of all financial obligations to satisfy the Business Office.
Graduation degree checks are completed by the Student Records Office prior to graduation
Students will receive their degree checks with a letter detailing the results.
Degree seeking students who have completed 24 hours or more with NWACC by the end of the semester proceeding the commencement semester and have a 3.5 grade point average (GPA) or higher, are entitled to wear an honor cord during graduation. Student's designated as Summa Cum Laude graduates will have a 4.0 GPA on 24 or more credit hours; Magna Cum Laude will have a 3.5-3.9 GPA on 24 or more hours.
Clearing for graduation can take approximately 6 weeks after the end of each term. Diplomas are mailed directly from Diplomas on Demand. Students who completed their graduation requirements in December 2013 will receive their diplomas in the mail early to mid-March, Spring graduates should receive it by late July and Summer graduates by mid-October.
If you need a replacement diploma we are happy to help you. The replacement diploma will be made in house, which means it will look slightly different from your original diploma. All request for replacements must be made in writing and include your name, student ID#, what degree you earned, the address where you want it mailed to and your signature. Please submit your request to Julie Jarrett in the Student Records Office or email email@example.com
The Commencement Ceremony will take place May 10 at Arend Arts Center in Bentonville. Times are listed below:
- Associate of Arts
- Associate of Applied Science Degree Graphic Design
- Associate of General Studies
- Technical Cert Graphic Design
- Certificate of Proficiency Graphic Design
- Certificate of General Studies
- Associate of Science
- Associate of Science Agriculture, Food & Life Science
- Associate of Arts Teaching
- Associate of Applied Science Environmental & Regulatory Science
- Associate of Applied Science Homeland Security & Emergency Mgmt
- Associate of Applied Science Paralegal
- Associate of Applied Science Criminal Justice
- Associate of Applied Science Early Childhood
- Technical Certificate Child Advocacy Studies
- Technical Certificate Criminal Justice
- Certificate of Proficiency Environmental Mgmt Technician (GIS Tech)
- Certificate of Proficiency Child Advocacy Studies
- Certificate of Proficiency Child Development Associate
- Certificate of Proficiency Crime Prevention and Corrections
- Certificate of Proficiency Criminal Justice
- Certificate of Proficiency Pre-Health Sciences
- Associate of Science Business
- Associate of Applied Science Business Mgmt - Accounting
- Associate of Applied Science Business Mgmt - Entrepreneurship
- Associate of Applied Science Business Mgmt - General Business
- Associate of Applied Science Business Mgmt - Logistics Mgmt
- Associate of Applied Science Busiiness Mgmt - Retail
- Associate of Applied Science Computer Aided Drafting & Design - ARCH
- Associate of Applied Science Computer Aided Drafting & Design - ENG
- Associate of Applied Science Computer Info - Programming
- Associate of Applied Science Computer Info - Info Mgmt and Applications
- Associate of Applied Science Computer Info - Networking
- Associate of Applied Science Nursing
- Associate of Applied Science Physical Therapist Assistant
- Associate of Applied Science Respiratory
- Associate of Applied Science Culinary - Baking & Pastry Arts
- Associate of Applied Science Culinary - Hospitality Mgmt
- Associate of Applied Science Culinary
- Technical Certificate Baking Arts
- Technical Certificate Culinary Arts
- Technical Certificate Hospitality Mgmt
- Technical Certificate Dental Assisting
- Certificate of Proficiency Baking Arts
- Certificate of Proficiency Culinary Arts
- Certificate of Proficiency Hospitality Mgmt
Although students may graduate three times during the school year - fall, spring, and summer - NWACC holds only one commencement ceremony annually.
Students who applied for graduation and meet preliminary graduation requirements will receive an information packet in April with details of the commencement ceremony.
Caps, gowns, honor cords, and announcements are purchased and distributed from the Barnes & Noble Campus Bookstore.
May 2014 Commencement Ceremony - Check here often for Commencement Ceremony Updates!
Rehearsal will be Monday, May 5 from 1:00-3:00 pm in White Lecture Hall. All graduates who are not taking final exams must attend. If you are unable to attend the graduation rehearsal due to final exams please contact Julie Jarrett in the Student Records office to verify your name and degree that will be announced at graduation. Julie may be contacted in the Student Center - Room 215B, by phone at (479) 619-4137(479) 619-4137, or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: THIS WILL NOT BE A DRESS REHEARSAL.
For additional information or questions about Graduation please contact Julie Jarrett, email@example.com
For questions or comments regarding the contents of this webpage, please contact Paula Carollo, firstname.lastname@example.org