Out-of-State Student Information


NWACC is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, which is one of six regional institutional accreditors in the United States. The Higher Learning Commission accredits degree-granting post-secondary educational institutions in the North Central region. This means that college credits earned at NWACC will transfer to other colleges and universities, and makes benefits such as federal financial aid available to NWACC students.

NWACC is a member of NC-SARA, a national organization that establishes a state-level reciprocity process for online students.  The SARA agreement establishes necessary and reasonable standards of practice, as well as an enhanced grievance process for students who live in SARA states.

Grievance and Complaint Process

NWACC encourages students to resolve concerns that affect their college experience as informally as possible. In some cases, students may discuss a concern with the staff member, instructor, program coordinator, department chairperson, or division dean. Often, such concerns can be resolved informally. However, if resolution is not obtained, he or she should proceed with the Student Complaint and Grievance Procedure.

Out-of-State students who live in a SARA state and have exhausted the NWACC procedure above and who remain unsatisfied may file a complaint with the Arkansas Department of Higher Education [ADHE] Note that complaints must follow the institution's customary resolution procedure prior to being referred to the state under SARA procedures. Grade appeals and student conduct appeals are not allowed under SARA.

Out-of-State students from non-SARA states may file a complaint with the appropriate agency in the state where the student resides. Please see the Student Complaint Information document.