Budget, Financial Analysis and Reporting
The responsibility of the Budget Office is to plan, develop, implement, and manage the NWACC's annual operating budget for general, designated, and auxiliary funds; request appropriations from the state of Arkansas; assess availability of resources to implement college-wide initiatives, and disseminate budgetary information to college community, NWACC Board of Trustees, ADHE, and the State of Arkansas Budget Office and Legislation. The objective of the Budget Office is providing the best information to assist the college community in maximizing the financial resources of the college for serving our students.
- Prepare biennial and annual Legislative Appropriations Requests to submit to the state
- Coordinate and prepare the college's annual operating budget
- Monitor the NWACC budget to ensure that resources are used effectively, efficiently and in compliance with all applicable rules and regulations
- Process budget changes including transfers, supplements, carry forwards
- Provide training, advice, and assistance for division and department budget managers and their assistants
- Provide up-to-date information on salary and benefit costs, as well as monitoring labor distribution and vacancy funds
- Prepares periodical and on-request budget and financial reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Coordinate budget systems and procedures with HR, Payroll, Accounting and other related departments
- Work closely with state and local government offices to provide requested relevant budgetary and financial information and reporting.