Office of Admissions and Advising


First Time College Student

A first time college student is one who has graduated from high school or who has successfully completed the General Education Development test (GED) and has never earned college credit.

Follow these steps to complete your Enrollment:

  1. Apply for Admissions. Once accepted, you will receive information on accessing myNWACC Connection account. Please check the email you put on your application for steps on continuing your enrollment.
  2. Visit myNWACC Connection once accepted to familiarize yourself with your student account - including your email. Please check your official NWACC email regularly.
  3. Begin the Financial Aid Process by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at
  4. Submit your ACT or COMPASS placement exam scores (no more than 5 years old) to the Office of Student Records, or take COMPASS exam ($10 fee) at the Testing Center.*
  5. Submit an official High School Transcript with cumulative grade point average and courses taken, or official General Education Development (GED) assessment scores to the Office of Student Records.**
  6. Submit proof of 2 Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) immunizations to the Office of Student Records.***
  7. Complete New Student Orientation where you will meet an Academic Advisor and Register for classes.
  8. Complete Financial Aid Process or make arrangements at the Treasurer’s Office to pay your tuition and fees. ****

Complete prior to semester:

  1. Obtain your Student ID and Parking Permit. At the Student Information Center (SIC) located in the 1st floor lobby of the Student Center (Main Campus)
  2. Purchase your Text Books and Class Supplies at the NWACC Campus Bookstore.
  3. Check your official NWACC email regularly through myNWACC Connection.


Additional Information

*All students with an ACT Math score of 17 or below, will need to take the math portion of the COMPASS. Students testing below 19 on Reading and/or Writing are encouraged to retake the COMPASS test to see if their score has changed.

**Students currently completing their last semester in high school will need to submit their final transcript (containing their graduation date, GPA, and course completed) once they have finished their final semester and graduated.

***Students born after January 1, 1957 (or those taking exclusively online classes) do not have to submit immunization records. Some foreign-born students may be required to submit tuberculosis screening. Check with your: high school, doctor, previous colleges you have attended, immunization records from your local Health Department.

****Check with the NWACC Financial Aid Office for the status of your Financial Aid. Once you have registered for classes, you may visit our secure payment page at to set up a payment plan.


 For questions or comments, please e-mail admissions!