Main Content Start
Health Professions in Belize: Summer 2020
Take a seven-day trip and health professions course abroad in beautiful Belize, and examine the cultural differences of Central America while working alongside Belizean medical professionals.
Begin studying abroad in Belize City and then travel to San Ignacia to participate in clinical with the locals.
Outside of your studies, visit local markets, explore the Mayan Ruins, adventure into the Mountain Pine Ridge Forest Reserve, visit an ancient Belize herbalist and iguana farm and cool off in the waterfalls and Rio on Pools.
Join students in traveling by ferry to Caye Caulker for a sunset sailboat cruise and dinner, and enjoy the best snorkeling in the Caribbean at Hol Chan Marine Reserve.
This exciting program is open to students and members of the community and may be taken for college credit or audit and eligible for financial aid.
Approximately $2,994 includes:
- Round trip air transportation (approximately $1,500)
- Accommodations onsite
- 75% of meals
- Day trip excursions related to the program's curriculum
- Project supplies and materials
- Transportation once in Belize
- Health and extraction insurance
- Tuition / fees for three hour NWACC course
- New passport application fees (if applicable)
- Visa fee (if applicable)
- Optional excursions
- Immediate medical expenses
- 25% of meals