Transfer International Student | NorthWest Arkansas Community College

Main Content Start

Transfer International Student

As a first time international student wanting to transfer to NWACC and requesting an I-20, you will need to apply to NWACC and submit a number of documents. You'll then receive an acceptance letter. Read further to learn more about the application process and course requirements.  

Next Steps

Fill out the International Application


To protect the privacy of your information and to comply with U.S. Department of Education regulations, we can no longer accept documents by email.

Once all admission items listed above are received and validated, we will award an acceptance letter and transfer form to the personal email address you provided on your application.  Take the NWACC acceptance letter and transfer form to a current primary designated school official or a designated school official to your former U.S. institution (commonly known as your international student advisor).  They will not transfer your SEVIS record to NWACC unless you submit this.

  • NWACC SEVIS Code: NOL214F10971000

Once the former U.S. Institution transfers your records to NWACC, we can award you a “Transfer Pending” I-20.  In order to receive your I-20 and acceptance letter, you must provide one of the three options:

  • Complete an international mail request with UEMS - UEMS Instructions
  • Have a local family friend pick up the documents in our office. Provide name and date of birth.
  • Request mail inside the United States (Provide U.S. address)


Course Requirements 

NWACC and the United States government expects all F-1 and J-1 international students to enroll in a total of 12 credits per semester. Of those 12 credits, nine must be live on-campus coursework. 

You must complete your courses even if you are not doing well in a course. To protect your immigration status, the college recommends that you enroll in 15 credits each semester so you have the flexibility to drop a course if necessary.

The United States government allows NWACC to award an I-20 or DS-2019 for the duration of study that is expected for an associate degree. You will have an average of two years to obtain a college degree at NWACC. If needed, NWACC can grant an extension prior to the end of your ‘duration of status’.