Main Content Start
First Time International Student
First time international students requesting an F-1 Visa must submit the following information to NWACC. Please follow these steps in order.
To protect the privacy of your information and to comply with U.S. Department of Education regulations, we can no longer accept documents by email.
- Upload the document to: https://api.nwacc.edu/LSS/InternationalFileDropBox/
- username international and password nwacc1989.
Your original documents are required at the U.S. Embassy Visa Interview. In order
to receive your official I-20 and acceptance letter, you must provide one of the three:
- Complete an international mail request with UEMS - UEMS Instructions
- Have a local family friend pick up the documents in our office. Provide name and date of birth.
- Request mail inside the United States (Provide U.S. address).
Complete your I-901 SEVIS fee of $200 U.S. dollars (USD) for the I-20 form.
- You will find your personal SEVIS ID# in the top-left corner of your I-20 form. This is NOT the same as your NWACC ID#.
- Please make sure you print out your SEVIS fee receipt and take it with you to the U.S. embassy.
Complete your DS-160 Visa Application of $160 USD. You must have the following items prior to your Visa interview:
- NWACC acceptance letter
- I-20 document
- I-901 fee receipt
- DS-160 confirmation receipt
- Passport size photograph
- Education financing
- High school transcript
- Standardized tests (if applicable)
- College transcript (if applicable)
- English verification (if applicable)
- Evidence of intent to return home
If awarded F-1 Visa, upload a photocopy to the Upload Dropbox above.
Book your flight via NWACC's StudentUniverseTravel Service.
- Please use your new nwacc.edu email address to sign up and get student discounts.
- If it requests verification of student status then upload your acceptance letter and I-20 form or Visa.
- StudentUniverse Instructions
*You are NOT required to use this travel service.*