Main Content Start
Why Take College Courses
Whether you are a high school student choosing to take college courses online, at your own high school, on the NWACC campus, or at our Secondary Career Center, there are a number of advantages to consider.
- Kickstart your career path or college degree – High school students can get an early start on a particular area of study or career
field and by the time you leave high school, you can earn a professional certification
or credits toward a degree.
- Save time – With some courses, you can gain high school and college credit at the same time, cutting
out as much as an entire year of training or schooling after you graduate from high
- Save money – The cost of taking college courses while still in high school can be substantially
lower than taking courses after high school. And unlike many college students, you
can save on housing and other expenses while you are still living with your parents.
- Graduate from your high school – Many classes are offered in the morning or afternoon, online, and other convenient
times, allowing you the ability to still participate in high school classes and activities.
Graduation diplomas will come from your home high school.
- Transfer credits to another college - NWACC has articulation agreements with many regional colleges and universities. You can expect the credits earned to transfer to most colleges and universities in Arkansas, as well as out of state institutions. Please contact the college or university you plan to attend to verify its transfer policy.