Main Content Start
Career and Technical Early College Experience
Through the Early College Experience program, NWACC partners with Northwest Technical Institute (NTI) to offer career and technical courses to high school students at our Secondary Career Center (SCC) located in Farmington and Bentonville, Arkansas.
At our Secondary Career Center, students experience a unique secondary education that
can lead to a value-added high school graduation, including an industry-recognized
technical certification or hours towards a certificate, post-secondary diploma or
To be eligible, students must reach the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in grades 11 -12
- Have a high school cumulative GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 grading system
- Have appropriate college-level reading score on the ACT, Accuplacer Next Generation, Accuplacer Classic, ASPIRE 10 or SAT
- No reading requirement for HVAC, but strong reading and comprehension skills recommended
Students can obtain high school and college credit for courses within the following divisions:
- Criminal Justice
- Culinary Arts
- Dental Assisting
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Patient Care Assistant
- HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refridgeration
Why Take College Courses
There are many advantages to getting a jump start on your college education while in high school - save time, gain experience and much more.
Succeed in College Classes
College classes can be challenging, but we have tips that will help you prepare and succeed.
Cost, Payment & Transfer Credits
Have questions about tuition and college credits as a high school student? We've got answers.
Information for Parents
Enroll your high school student with confidence. Access information and answers to many of your questions here.
Location & Directions
Find out how to access your classes and begin your college journey.