Main Content Start
Transfer Student Admission Steps
Transfer students are defined as those who have previous college credit and are interested in transferring to NWACC. Courses taken concurrently with high school courses do not count as previously attending college. Be sure to follow the admission steps below to become an NWACC student.
Note: NWACC has a general admission policy, which means you can apply year-round.
However, it is best to apply early to get the best class options
Apply to NWACC
Choose your student path and follow the application steps.
Credit Student: One who plans to take "credit" courses and earn college credit toward a degree. Learn what defines credit courses and programs.
Career-Credit Student: One who plans to take "career-credit” courses to earn industry-recognized technical certifications. Learn what defines career-credit courses and programs..
View this video to help you apply to NWACC:
Or view the How to Apply to NWACC Help Guide to further understand the application process.
Apply for Financial Aid
If you have not done so yet, complete your FAFSA and add NWACC to your FAFSA to begin the financial aid process. NWACC's code is 030633. Be sure to also fill out the NWACC scholarship application and qualify for scholarship assistance.
Set up your MyNWACC
Once you have been accepted to NWACC, you will receive an email with your NWACC username and password. Set up your MyNWACC account immediately in order to complete the process.
Additional Documents to SubmitTo protect the privacy of your information and to comply with U.S. Department of Education regulations, we can no longer accept documents by email. You can submit them one of three ways:
- Upload the document to: https://api.nwacc.edu/lss/finaid/filedropbox/
- You must have a My NWACC Connection login to use this option
- Bring the document to the Enrollment Support Center located on the 2nd floor of the Student Center or the Washington County location located in Springdale
- Mail the document to NWACC, Student Records, One College Dr., Bentonville, AR 72712
- Test scores for ACT, Accuplacer, or COMPASS (scores should be no more than 5 years old). If you
need to take the Accuplacer exam, visit our Testing Center (you must pay a $10 fee prior to taking the exam).*
- Official College Transcripts - Submit official college transcripts from previous institutions to determine which
courses will transfer to NWACC. Bring an unofficial transcript to your advising appointment.
- Proof of 2 Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) immunizations for all applicants born after January 1, 1957. Some foreign-born students may be required to submit tuberculosis screening. For Arkansas residents, NWACC will attempt to retrieve immunization records from a state-wide database.
Schedule an Appointment with an AdvisorWe strongly recommend that you meet with an advisor.
Register for Classes
Register for the classes you need to complete your certificate or degree.
Student ID, Parking & Textbooks
Complete prior to the start of the semester:
Obtain your student ID and parking hang tag at two convenient locations:
- Bentonville location - Becky Paneitz Student Center, Student Information, located on the first floor
- Washington County location
Purchase your textbooks and class supplies at the Campus Bookstore - Barnes and Noble, located on the first floor in the Becky Paneitz Student Center.
Transfer Credits Guide
NWACC only accepts credits from institutions of higher education that have been accredited by one of the following regional intuitional accrediting organizations: MSA, NWCCU, NCA-HLC, NEASC-CIHE, NEASC-CTCI, SACS, WASC-ACCJC, WASC-ACSCU, and WASC-JR. Check with your transfer institution regarding accreditation.
NWACC only accepts grades of "C" or better.
Developmental (remedial) courses are not accepted for transfer credit; however, they may be used as a prerequisite course for registration purposes. Please consult Student Records with your questions.
Search the Transfer Equivalencies Guide to find out how courses from other colleges transfer to NWACC.
Military transcripts should be submitted to the Student Records Office at email@example.com.