Main Content Start
Graduation Ceremony Information for Students
It's your big day! Be prepared for the graduation ceremony by reading the following information about caps, gowns, checking in, parking and more.
Students participating in the graduation ceremony may purchase their caps, gowns and announcements through the Barnes & Noble Campus Bookstore located on the first floor of the Becky Paneitz Student Center.
Tip: To remove the wrinkles, hang up your gown after purchasing.
If cost is an obstacle to participating in graduation please contact the Office of Student Life at firstname.lastname@example.org to borrow a cap and gown. Also, if you have a black gown from another graduation ceremony, you are welcome to use that.
Students with a GPA of 3.5 or higher are eligible to wear honors cords. These may be purchased at Barnes and Noble Bookstore.
Students who served in the U.S. armed forces are provided a red, white and blue stole to wear during the graduation ceremony. Qualified students need to contact Veterans Resources.
International Flag Stoles
Students interested in purchasing a stole to represent their country's flag during the graduation ceremony, contact International Programs
Honors Societies Stoles - PTK, GBP and SKD - contact your advisor for information on how to purchase.
Summa Cum Laude includes degree seeking graduates who have a 4.0 GPA on 24 or more hours. Magna Cum Laude includes degree seeking graduates who have a 3.5-3.9 GPA on 24 or more hours.
Magna Cum Laude includes degree seeking graduates who have a 3.5-3.99 GPA on 24 or more hours.
Cum Laude includes degree seeking graduates who have a 3.0-3.49 GPA on 24 or more hours.
Spring 2023 graduation ceremony will occur on May 16th at the Walmart AMP. Be sure to check your NWACC email for ceremony details.
Date: May 16th
Time: 4:00 pm
Location: Walmart AMP, 5079 W Northgate Rd, Rogers, Arkansas.
Graduates should arrive 45 minutes before their ceremony to properly check in and receive instructions.
Graduation photos will be taken by 5H Photography and purchasing information will be provided day of.
Students must wear graduation cap and gown to walk in the ceremony.
More information to come.
More information to come.
Complete the NWACC graduation checklist if you meet either of the following criteria:
- You completed a degree or certificate in the fall and want to participate in the spring graduation ceremony.
- You are planning to complete a degree or certificate in the spring or summer.
Be sure to:
- Contact student organizations
- Ask club advisors of any student organization that you participate in if you need to order any type of honors cord or stole to wear at the graduation ceremony.
- Contact the library
- Make sure you don’t have any unreturned items or unpaid fines
- Contact the Treasurer’s Office
- Ask if you owe NWACC any money and pay any outstanding debts. Diplomas and transcripts will not be sent if all financial obligations to NWACC are not met.
- Contact NWACC Transfer Services (Student Center 2nd Floor)
- Learn about transfer degree opportunities
- Get connected with a transfer institution
- Request your final transcript online
- Request your final transcript online through MyNWACC
- Contact Disability Services
- If you need to request accommodations for graduation, make sure you let disability services know
- Contact Enrollment Support
- Make sure you have completed mandatory online financial aid exit counseling
- Contact the Barnes and Noble book store
- Ask about dates for book buy back. Selling your books is much easier to do while you’re still on campus.