Main Content Start
Graduation Ceremony Information for Students
It's your big day! Be prepared for the graduation ceremony by reading the following information about caps, gowns, checking in, parking and more.
Students participating in the graduation ceremony may purchase their caps, gowns and announcements through the Barnes & Noble Campus Bookstore located on the first floor of the Becky Paneitz Student Center.
Tip: To remove the wrinkles, hang up your gown after purchasing.
If cost is an obstacle to participating in graduation please contact the Office of Student Life at firstname.lastname@example.org to borrow a cap and gown. Also, if you have a black gown from another graduation ceremony, you are welcome to use that.
Students eligible to wear an honor cord may purchase them at the Barnes & Noble Bookstore.
Students who served in the U.S. armed forces are provided a red, white and blue stole to wear during the graduation ceremony. Qualified students need to contact Veterans Resources.
International Flag Stoles
Students interested in purchasing a stole to represent their country's flag during the graduation ceremony, contact International Programs
Honors Societies stoles-PTK, GBP, and SKD contact your advisor for information on how to purchase.
Location details coming soon.
The average duration of a ceremony may differ slightly depending on the number of graduates participating. On average, ceremonies can be expected to last an hour to an hour and a half.
Details coming soon.
Professional pictures are taken during the ceremony and will include one with the traditional handing of the diploma tube. Information about the pictures are provided at the graduate information session and the day of the graduation ceremony.
The ceremony will be indoors so dress according to the weather for that day. We recommend wearing high heels under 3 inches since you will be standing for a long length of time.
Tip: Leave all valuables (purse, wallet, etc.) at home since we cannot provide a secure place for them. Remember to turn off your cell phone before the ceremony begins.
Be sure to stop by the alumni reception after the ceremony with your invited guests.
Parking details coming soon.
Complete the 2020 NWACC graduation checklist if you meet either of the following criteria:
- You completed a degree or certificate in the Fall 2019 and want to participate in the Spring 2020 graduation ceremony.
- You are planning to complete a degree or certificate in the Spring or Summer of 2020.
Be sure to:
- Contact student organizations
- Ask club advisors of any student organization that you participate in if you need to order any type of honors cord or stole to wear at the graduation ceremony.
- Stop by the library
- Make sure you don’t have any unreturned items or unpaid fines
- Stop by the Treasurer’s Office
- Ask if you owe NWACC any money and pay any outstanding debts. Diplomas and transcripts will not be sent if all financial obligations to NWACC are not met.
- Stop by the NWACC Transfer Center (Student Center 2nd Floor)
- Learn about transfer degree opportunities
- Visit university displays
- Get connected with a transfer institution
- Request your final transcript online
- Request your final transcript online through MyNWACC
- Contact Disability Services
- If you need to request accommodations for graduation, make sure you let disability services know
- Visit Enrollment Support
- Make sure you have completed mandatory online financial aid exit counseling
- Stop by the NWACC book store
- Ask about dates for book buy back. Selling your books is much easier to do while you’re still on campus.
View checklist as a PDF.