Main Content Start
HIM Application - Online Only
Admission into the online HIM program entails a number of requirements and recommendations. Please read all information before submitting an application.
- View the all the admissions information listed below before applying.
- You will need to apply to be an NWACC student before completing the HIM application. If you have not applied to be a student yet, please see "How to Apply" below.
- Application period is open March 1 - July 1. All application materials must be received
on the designated deadline date and time. If the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday,
then it will be the following business day.
- This HIM program's classes are completely online.
- Attention Out-of-State Applicants: NWACC's CAHIIM accredited Health Information Management Program graduates that successfully complete the academic requirements of NWACC's associate degree of applied science in Health Information Management are eligible to sit for the national registry: Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) exam.
March 1st to July 1st
Your application and all required materials must be received in the division office by 3:00 p.m. on the final day of the application period. Make sure you have applied to be a student of NWACC before completing the Health Information Management application.
Note: Students who will be attending clinical rotations while enrolled in a professional program at the Center for Health Professions will be required to have a drug screen performed, either prior to admission, or prior to attending clinical rotations. Students who test positive for drugs (including medical marijuana) will be denied access to the clinical rotations and will consequently be either denied acceptance into the professional program or dismissed from the professional program.