Main Content Start
Retail Option - Business Management
The Retail Management program is designed to prepare you for an entry level management role within your retail industry of choice.
The program emphasizes effective management in the retail environment including marketing, inventory, and merchandising, professional marketing and selling, international marketing, e-commerce, and supply chain management. It also includes the development of basic business management skills, accounting principles, and the economics of supply and demand.
The Associate of Applied Science Retail Option - Business Management is available 95% online
- Manage in the retail environment, including merchandising and inventory management
- Develop supervisory skills and learn to manage staff effectively
- Perform inventory control analysis used to improve supply chain efficiency
- Develop retail campaigns based on an understanding of consumer buying behavior
- Effectively use the advantages of different retail environments, including e-commerce
See your specific degree plan and advisor for class details and sequence. Search Course Listing for class dates and times.
Degree, Transfer Options, and Careers:
Many courses at NWACC carry transfer credit to four-year institutions and can fulfill general education requirements.
Those who pursue a degree in Retail may find job opportunities in the following occupations:
- District Manager
- Merchandise Planner
- Merchandising Representative
- Retail Salesperson
- Store director/Manager