Main Content Start
Get the preparation you need to obtain a key support position in the fast-growing
field of network information systems and CISCO Networking with an Associate of Applied Science in Computer Information Systems - Networking.
- Analyze, design and document computer network requirements
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot network hardware and software
- Perform network maintenance such as disassembling, troubleshooting, upgrading and replacing parts
- Implementing Local Area Networks (LANs) using both static and dynamic addressing including subnetting
- Complete the Cisco Certified Network Associate certificate exam
- Take the A+, CompTIA Network +, and Security + Certification exams
- Use computer systems in a responsible and ethical manner
Courses, Degree, Transfer Options and Careers:
NTWK 2023 Network Administration I
NTWK 2073 Networking with UNIX
NTWK 2084 Network Hardware Support
NTWK 2103 Web Server Administration
NTWK 2113 Network Security
NTWK 2153 Microcomputer Software Support
NTWK 2224 WAN Implementation and Support
NTWK 2243 Securing E-commerce Solutions-HYBRID
See your specific degree plan and advisor for class details and sequence. Search Course Listing for class dates and times.
Many courses at NWACC carry transfer credit to four-year institutions and can fulfill
general education requirements.
Many courses at NWACC carry transfer credit to four-year institutions and can fulfill general education requirements.
Those who pursue a degree in Networking may find job opportunities in the following occupations:
- Computer Technician
- Network Administrator
- Help Desk Analyst
- Technology Coordinator
- Computer Network Analyst
- Network Installation Technician