Do you need a computer-equipped classroom for your students to research and work on assignments? NWACC Library lets current faculty and staff reserve our Library Classroom for independent classroom instruction.
Reserving the Library Instruction Classroom
Reservations for the classroom are provided on a first-come, first-serve basis. Faculty and staff members who want to use the classroom must contact the Library no more than one week in advance to schedule classroom time. This policy is designed to ensure fair and equal access to the classroom throughout each semester. Please review the usage policies given below before submitting a request to reserve the classroom.
The Library Instruction Classroom features:
|• 24 student computers|
• Instructor's computer with Microsoft Office 2010
• TurningPoint Audience Response System with 25 response units
• Digital projector
• Stereo speakers
• SMART Board with SMART Notebook software
• Internet access
Library Classroom Usage Policies
Fill out the Library Classroom Request Form if you would like to reserve the classroom for independent use. Training is also available on the classroom's SMART Board and TurningPoint Audience Response System.
1. Priority for scheduling use of the Library Classroom will be given to library instruction classes.
2. The Library Classroom may be used for other campus needs if a library instruction class is not already scheduled.
3. Software may not be added to the students' computer; these computers have limited software and added security to ensure quality instruction and to discourage accidental or deliberate tampering. Only the Library Director may make exceptions to this rule.
4. Software may be added to the instructor's computer, but only with permission of the Library Director.
5. Faculty and staff members who want to use the classroom must contact the Library no more than one week in advance to schedule classroom time.
6. Instructors of outside classes should ask Library staff for assistance with unfamiliar equipment.
7. Instructors of outside classes may bring in materials and equipment for a class, or fill out the Multimedia Equipment Request Form if they have additional equipment needs.
8. Use of the Internet in the classroom must comply with College rules and state and federal laws.
9. Instructors who reserve the facility are responsible for supervising their students in the Library Classroom.
10. Instructors are responsible for ensuring the reasonable use of the equipment, returning borrowed equipment to its place, and leaving the classroom clean.
11. The furniture and computers in the Library Classroom may not be rearranged. Only the Library Director may make exceptions to this rule.